IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V West Ham United Match Day Thread

Thought we controlled the game for much of it especially the first half. Freeman was a menace and Smith, Williams and Little played very well. Thought Smith could have done a little better.. he does not have the pace and JET was not at his best but cannot really fault any of them for effort. Happy days really.. we could storm through the Championship next season with a few key additions. Bright prospects all round. Well done City.

JET had one of those days where he put in a shift, but was probably one of our least influential players. Would have like to see Agard come on earlier, as we were missing pace in the box. Overall, heads held high, and more than one player showed they will be very comfortable at a higher level.

Edited by cityexile

We deserved more...but when your team plays with pride, passion and quality...there's no space for regrets, but only for claps. :clap:

An oustanding performance in the first half, and a good one in the second period.

Matt Smith was a real giant, but unfortunately he didn't find the net; Freeman, in the first half was classy, JET wasn't too inspired but was very useful from a tactical point of view, Korey Smith was everywhere, and the defense looked always solid.

Well done, Robins! :thumbsup:

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 1

At worst a bit of gamesmanship from WHam.

As I understand it, he was not allowed to go to the African Cup as he was injured. He did then miss a few games in fairness. Senegal have then said - well, if he is injured, why did he play today? National sides do ge first call, but I would not hold your nreath on this one.

At worst a bit of gamesmanship from WHam.

As I understand it, he was not allowed to go to the African Cup as he was injured. He did then miss a few games in fairness. Senegal have then said - well, if he is injured, why did he play today? National sides do ge first call, but I would not hold your nreath on this one.

got a link?

Sakho was genuinely injured..back injury.

Missed a fair few games before the Africa cup of nations..

He missed the Everton replay and two league games during the African cup.

I'm sure the club must have checked with powers that be regarding the position if he was fit again while the competition is still on..but there again we have history for cock ups..so who knows!

Some have commented on here on whether it was WHU being a good side playing in second gear today...or are we just a poor side?

Been interesting reading on here, of opposition views...well,its a running argument at ours regarding Nolan and Noble playing in the same side. Fat Sam gets loads of grief regarding being blind where he is concerned, his favourite son so to speak.

Downing gets pushed out of his central creative role, and is not the same player.

Sakho and Valencia together is when we are at our best, today you put us under constant pressure and didn't allow us to create much. Defensively we were excellent in the main, although song was poor today. Almalfitano made a lot of difference when he came on, and of course sakho. Been an amazing find.

Winston Reid was our best player...but he won't be with us much longer.

I would have given MOM to Luke Freeman personally. Like him a lot.