IGNORED

Ernie The Angry Robin - Bristol Sport

WTMS

Bristol Sports latest comedy gaffe can be explained away by their lack of nous regarding football fan culture. You have to be a fan to really know a fan.

Bristol City fan imagery including Ernie is also connected to European supporting cultures, it is also connected to the efforts of fans including children

It is hoped that the Supporters Trust will now step in and fill in the gaping gaps in Bristol Sports knowledge. Any tenuous tenuous link to fascism and racism may not be treated with such grace in future.

Bristol Sports latest comedy gaffe can be explained away by their lack of nous regarding football fan culture. You have to be a fan to really know a fan.

Bristol City fan imagery including Ernie is also connected to European supporting cultures, it is also connected to the efforts of fans including children

It is hoped that the Supporters Trust will now step in and fill in the gaping gaps in Bristol Sports knowledge. Any tenuous tenuous link to fascism and racism may not be treated with such grace in future.

Are you related to NickJ?

Are you related to NickJ?

If related refers to the connection and support of BCFC then it is a yes. Maybe he bought a badge, made a donation, sticker .. Hopefully no sketchy links will be made to these.

Any flimsy link that could malign fans is not wise.

Wtms - not worthy of your efforts mate. Ultimately they don't care either way what you / I or east end think. Probably prefer it, they get a sanitised ground with lots of people who turn up, sit in silence and go home. Easy

Comedy gaffe was mentioned in the opening post, and that is what it could be. BS - BCFC still have the opportunity to learn from it and improve.

Stepping in and trying to fill the gaps...

First off it's a robin and i see it as passionate, local to us, wurzels, drink up thy cider  and a good logo that has related to all ages.

You know you have a decent logo when people go out and get a tattoo of it unlike other logos i could think of.

Ernie tattoos in various forms http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/WTMS/slideshow/Fan%20Tattoos?sort=3

First off it's a robin and i see it as passionate, local to us, wurzels, drink up thy cider  and a good logo that has related to all ages.

You know you have a decent logo when people go out and get a tattoo of it unlike other logos i could think of.

This. If I was going to get a City tattoo, this is what I would choose

First off it's a robin and i see it as passionate, local to us, wurzels, drink up thy cider and a good logo that has related to all ages.

i have an ernie tattoo,think its a great logo,just a more modern funked up robin of old

When I was a kid and the Green'un was the Saturday night sports' paper, there were two characters who each wrote a short piece about how their teams had performed that day, from a supporters' point of view. They were given the names "Ashton Alf" and "Eastville Ernie". Curious how, in between times, Ernie crossed over to the other side and Alf is nowhere to be seen. Probably got a lot to do with Adge Cutler.

:D Ernie as new crest for Bullshit Sport?

When I was a kid and the Green'un was the Saturday night sports' paper, there were two characters who each wrote a short piece about how their teams had performed that day, from a supporters' point of view. They were given the names "Ashton Alf" and "Eastville Ernie". Curious how, in between times, Ernie crossed over to the other side and Alf is nowhere to be seen. Probably got a lot to do with Adge Cutler.

The idea for the robin to be called ernie was inspired by part of the wurzels lyric to drink up thy zider.

Alf is an interesting idea though and i have seen the pictures of him..

The idea for the robin to be called ernie was inspired by part of the wurzels lyric to drink up thy zider.

Alf is an interesting idea though and i have seen the pictures of him..

The characters of Ashton Alf and Eastville Ernie were created by a guy called Bob Bennett at Evening Post. He did a cartoon of the Saturday match played in Bristol so alternated between City and Rovers.

He was also Uncle Bob who ran the Post's Pillar Box Club for children.

And he was the father of the late Roger Bennett of Radio Bristol fame.

So humorous alternatives to that word "ultras"?

Ashton Alf's

The Angry Robins

Big John's Army

Gow's Guerillas

Archived