Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidNoble

Purple For Wembley?

It appears that we seem to be the away team for the final on skysports and on the official JPT twitter account so will we have to play in purple?

Seeing as Walsall also play in red one of us will have to play in our away kit.

Or will there be a draw to decide this?!

QUE sera sera

There's some white on the Walsall home kit, think we have to play in Purple and Lime to avoid possible confusion :thumbsup:

If the club could announce soon we're playing in Purple and Lime (if we are) then maybe get another stock of shirts produced quickly to sell for the final.

Let,s do em in the car park......jobs a good un...play naked....who gives a flying ****......promotion is the only way up......**** this **** fest !

I want to play in RED. It's our home colours. It won't feel right if we are wearing P&L.. we deserve to have red.

Except it seems Walsall will get first choice of colours for being the home team

We have won this trophy twice in red........

Lost twice in away kit.................................

Purple and Lime is our 3rd kit not the away kit ;)

While I think the club will look to cash in on the Purple & Lime I hope we are able to play in the. Red & white.

Don't get me wrong, the purple and lime worked great against Liverpool and that night will be forever with me.

I want us in Red at wembley (or white and red) - to match the club colours,

40,000 singing come on you reds (even if it is the Mickey Mouse trophy!) sounds better than come on you purple's - :laugh:

Except it seems Walsall will get first choice of colours for being the home team

Their not really the home team.. it's neutral but I can picture us being in P&L sadly.

We should be in red and white, hopefully a draw to decide the colours? 

I really hope we don't turn up in that comical kit.

Its effin dreadful and has no connection to our history at all, other than just one game over 20 years ago - are we that small time ?

If not our home kit, then our official away kit please.

Failing that, anything but that shite purple and lime.

**** me... you're well named, aren't you?

Don't get me wrong, the purple and lime worked great against Liverpool and that night will be forever with me.

I want us in Red at wembley (or white and red) - to match the club colours,

40,000 singing come on you reds (even if it is the Mickey Mouse trophy!) sounds better than come on you purple's - :laugh:

40,000...? Get a grip!

I can only think of one game we've lost at Wembley in our away colours.

You'll probably say that gold wasn't our official away kit in 2000 in response to my post above this one, but it wasn't our home kit...

You'll probably say that gold wasn't our official away kit in 2000 in response to my post above this one, but it wasn't our home kit...

Indeed, gold wasn't our away Kit.

Just being pedantic mate, ignore me!

I always thought that one team gets 'home' advantage and the other team gets first pick of colours.

I always thought that one team gets 'home' advantage and the other team gets first pick of colours.

What other "Home" advantages are there at a neutral venue, if you don't get to wear your home colours..?!

What other "Home" advantages are there at a neutral venue, if you don't get to wear your home colours..?!

Home dressing room, assume it to be bigger than the away?

Their not really the home team.. it's neutral but I can picture us being in P&L sadly.

We should be in red and white, hopefully a draw to decide the colours? 

If they've been drawn as the home team then they will have the choice unfortunately.

In the Mill Stad for example one end is totally different for the supporters than the other. And yes at Wembley I believe the dressing rooms are different. Maybe I'm wrong about home and colours but it's what I've always believed to be the case.

If they've been drawn as the home team then they will have the choice unfortunately.

This HASN'T been done yet, so no need to panic

Agree with the above about the P&L kit, that season was dire under Russell Osman - fortunately most people only remember the result at Anfield

I'll take the choice of kit and go for Red all day long then please.

Away dressing room ; 15m2 ,two cold showers between everyone ,no pegs for there kit ,open sewer ...

This is the New Wembley ,i'm sure even the Away dressing room is luxurious beyond the wildest dreams of most lower league players.

Nothing to see here ,move along .

I had a tour of the new Wembley as part of my job and they said it's officially a 'neutral international venue' - in other words, the facilities are the same for home and away teams because in doing this they have a better chance of getting Champions League finals etc.

Not sure I agree with that, it should be geared towards giving England home advantage....

I really hope we don't turn up in that comical kit.

Its effin dreadful and has no connection to our history at all, other than just one game over 20 years ago - are we that small time ?

If not our home kit, then our official away kit please.

Failing that, anything but that shite purple and lime.

With you all the way.

Did I dream this, or was there a rule that stated the team that scored most goals en route to Wembley would get the first choice of kit? (Which would be us).

No the official rule is that the club with the most miserable supporters who find the time to moan about or be offended by literally anything from free scarves to colour of the kit gets to choose dressing room, kit colour, choice of ends and they can have kick off too.

Not sure if that's us though.

I could be imagining this but I swear I read that the first team to qualify got designated as the home team and got first dibs on choice of kit.

I think there is a coin toss,

I had a tour of the new Wembley as part of my job and they said it's officially a 'neutral international venue' - in other words, the facilities are the same for home and away teams because in doing this they have a better chance of getting Champions League finals etc.

Not sure I agree with that, it should be geared towards giving England home advantage....

Scorpions in the away showers?

So basically, Walsall get first choice of EVERYTHING?

Choice of kits, dressing rooms, kick-off and what ends they shoot?

If that's true then it is very unfair.. at least give us the home dressing room then I won't mind being in P&L.

If that's true then it is very unfair.. at least give us the home dressing room then I won't mind being in P&L.

No they don't.

If that's true

:facepalm:

Kit - If its down to team who qualified first then yes as home team

Changing Room - Who cares they're identical

Kick off/shooting end - Coin toss, always was my assumption one team got to choose which half they kick off the other got to choose which end they attacked first?

Old Wembley.

Lost on pens to Mansfield - white shirts, red shorts

Lost to Stoke - Gold shirts, blue shorts

Won playing Bolton playing in red and white.

I could be wrong but I'm sure the draw is done on soccer am to decide the home team? I always remember seeing them draw the two teams and think it was silly, perhaps it was just a joke and not official at all