IGNORED

The Doobie Doobie Doo Song - Wembley 87

Merrick's Marvels

He's right though, although of course plenty of other teams sing Ole Ole Ole Ole, our melody is unique.

At the end of the phrase "Bristol City" we go up three semitones. Everyone else goes down four semitones!

#musicgeekalert

Music geek alert indeed! Always thought we sung other songs in different keys, like always believe.

Love a bit of Doobie doobie doo-ing

Whenever I've heard it since that promotion season the Oooooh hasn't been very long at all - I remember my early days in the late 90's they'd go on forever.

(not listening to any theory of relativity rubbish)

It has struck me as the only song we could sing with the 'citywave' it would look and sound pretty impressive

Love a bit of Doobie doobie doo-ing

Whenever I've heard it since that promotion season the Oooooh hasn't been very long at all - I remember my early days in the late 90's they'd go on forever.

(not listening to any theory of relativity rubbish)

It has struck me as the only song we could sing with the 'citywave' it would look and sound pretty impressive

I reckon Red Flag is perfect for the wave.  There's no clapping involved and loads join in with the song and if you haven't got a red flag, what better than a red scarf?  The rhythm fits with a bit of scarf swinging too.

:chant6ez: Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

doobie, doobie, doooo

dee, doobie, doobie, doobie, doobie, dooo

de doobie, doobie, doobie, doobie, dum, dum

doobie, doobie, dum, dum

doobie, doobie, dum, dum, do

:chant6ez: Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh..........

Love this... Can remember this being sung in h block for years, along with the guy that used to randomly shout "Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries"

Good times

Nah, never sung in the old first div days, this was definitely mid 80s onwards, and what a great rabble-rousing anthem it was/is!!

I'm mistaken then. Mind you, it's no surprise. I can barely remember what I ate for dinner last night so what chance do I have of remembering a song sung on the terraces at AG in 1978! :)

Loving this thread.

Suddenly feeling 16/17/18 again.  Always seemed to be such a good atmosphere in the enclosure, even though we were as far as possible from the away fans (apart from when West Ham visited!).

Can't wait now. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

... dooooooooooooooooby doooooooooooooooooby doooooooooooooooo.............

Loving this thread.

Suddenly feeling 16/17/18 again.  Always seemed to be such a good atmosphere in the enclosure, even though we were as far as possible from the away fans (apart from when West Ham visited!).

Can't wait now. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Ah the enclosure. What a crack! Bought my first season ticket to stand in the enclosure when they were introduced in around '76 and have been a STH every year since.

From my memory I thought this song was sung at pretty much every game in the mid eighties. I was only a kid but I always thought it was a song that was triggered/aimed at the Police. i.e. Two plods would walk along side the pitch in front the east end and the doobie song would start.

From my memory I thought this song was sung at pretty much every game in the mid eighties. I was only a kid but I always thought it was a song that was triggered/aimed at the Police. i.e. Two plods would walk along side the pitch in front the east end and the doobie song would start.

You might be thinking of the Dixon of Dock Green time which we would whistle to them as they walked past?

If my memory serves me correctly, doobeedoo, She wore a yellow ribbon and Father Abraham were pure classics dreamt up in the enclosure in the mid eighties when the east bristol contingency of the maypole flyer and the majority of players from the Tilers (mainly reds from the darkside) Sells,bondy, sipper, joeM, nuts, cookie, the frampton braves, the naishes, over the gate fanzine editors, Dave from Vice Squad RIP, Pigs in Space (the girls from little stoke).......the list is endless, decided that the more obscure was a bit more refreshing than the norm, later on, I believe the whole songbook was imported to A block of the dolman where it flourished.

If my memory serves me correctly, doobeedoo, She wore a yellow ribbon and Father Abraham were pure classics dreamt up in the enclosure in the mid eighties when the east bristol contingency of the maypole flyer and the majority of players from the Tilers (mainly reds from the darkside) Sells,bondy, sipper, joeM, nuts, cookie, the frampton braves, the naishes, over the gate fanzine editors, Dave from Vice Squad RIP, Pigs in Space (the girls from little stoke).......the list is endless, decided that the more obscure was a bit more refreshing than the norm, later on, I believe the whole songbook was imported to A block of the dolman where it flourished.

This is important and vital.

Father Abraham and the chocolate sponge song sat alongside the Tiswas chants of the Eastend in the seventies.

Yellow Ribbon was the Gooners.

Archived