IGNORED

The Official Milton Keynes 'dons' V Bristol City Match Day Thread

Well here we are lads and lasses on the day when 2nd entertains 1st. The best two teams, as of this day, lock horns for the reverse fixture of earlier in the season when City earned a narrow 1 goal advantage in our 3-2 home win. I think we were worth a bit more than that from what I have read and seen so today we can probably afford ourselves being 2nd best but, of course, still winning. That is all that will matter especially today. I think the travelling maraud will be so entertained by their own electric atmosphere that a poor display will not matter two hoops just as long as we win.

Is this the proverbial 'pivotal' seasons defining match for both teams? is it just another match? The first question may not be cut and dried but the second i think we can say an emphatic 'no' to.

I am still pondering what more to write here about the 'history' of a club many feel is somewhat mythical. Perhaps assuaging the more vitriolic amongst us by placing the word 'Dons' in inverted commas nothing will quell the discussion that polarises opinion and that will no doubt rumble for another generation...

How does one try and summarise the history of this club in one paragraph? Impossible. One thing I needed to be reminded of though is that the idea of moving the club first came from Sam Hammam, was put into action by a couple of Norwegians, and finally made to happen by Pete Winkelmam who, at the time was a shareholder in a supermarket and stadium scheme that were looking for any team to move to MK not just Wimbledon; - PW finally buying the club in entirety to stop it going into Liquidation. So, from what I can gather here.. He saved a club from becoming extinct long after the move to MK was mooted, developed and signed up to. The vitriole against him or the club, in general, is perhaps understandable but i think one should be shouting down Sam Hammam more than anybody else or perhaps the two Norwegians. The entity itself has long since moved away from those early instigators.

And while I of course do not understand the nuances and 'devil in the detail' information one move by PW that, for me, clears him of being the hate victim, if not saving a club in administration, was the handing back of all the trophies to Wimbledon.. and, of course, rightly so in 2006.

Wimbledon football club is not MK Dons or vice versa and it is far too simplistic to blame the team that resides in MK on the temporary disappearance of Wimbledon.. That somebody saved the then existing Wimbledon would not have done so had the club remained in an unsustainable ground share with Palace. Anyway... I am not a fan of the Dons from MK and the sooner they drop that title from their name the better; no trophies and no history so why use it? End that anomaly and they might get a few more on side. 

back to now.. I salute every single fan going today.. please make some noise like you have never before and give us that 12th man and why not the full subs bench while you are at it. No reason, whatsoever, why we cannot win this match. Consistently proving we are the best team in this division and, to my mind, we should be farther ahead than we are; lets start doing that from today.

1-2

Agard and JET.. when he comes on.

5,030 City Fans

11,110 Keyners.

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 1

Have a good day out BCFC fans, I am sure you will have a decent day regardless of the result, it is not as bad of an awayday as people make out IMO (maybe on a cold Tuesday night). You just have to plan where you are going pre game in advance. I would recommend either of the Wetherspoons in the city centre, the pubs in Fenny Stratford or The Enigma Tavern in Bletchley. I will be in The Moon Under Water (Wetherspoons at the Xscape) from 12 and expect to see a few of you lot in there. May the best team win.

We are both going up anyway ;)

• Like 5

Winkelman gave the trophies to Merton Council, not AFC Wimbledon, just to clarify.

Correct. I wonder why? Wrong or right.. the Council could give them to Wimbledon and maybe they have already. Perhaps there is a reason for it. Further investigation required. Safe keeping for the day when Merton can offer to home to Wimbledon?

Correct. I wonder why? Wrong or right.. the Council could give them to Wimbledon and maybe they have already. Perhaps there is a reason for it. Further investigation required. Safe keeping for the day when Merton can offer to home to Wimbledon?

It was decided that neither team could lay hand to the trophies as they rightly belong to neither. It was the logical option as it is now open to both fans. I have certainly been.

Vital not to lose. Bloody wish I was going mind. Won't be much in it and I'm hoping we edge it. COYR.

If MK win, they are one point ahead of City, but we have a game in hand.

A draw maintains the status quo.

A win for City, not only increases our lead to five points with a GIH, but every goal we score adds to our GD and diminishes theirs.

It's MK who'll be thinking "Vital not to lose".

If MK win, they are one point ahead of City, but we have a game in hand.

A draw maintains the status quo.

A win for City, not only increases our lead to five points with a GIH, but every goal we score adds to our GD and diminishes theirs.

It's MK who'll be thinking "Vital not to lose".

I'll take a draw. I just want to go up, I don't care if we finish 2nd. The title has always been yours to lose.

Edited by TheDon.

Vital not to lose. Bloody wish I was going mind. Won't be much in it and I'm hoping we edge it. COYR.

Today is a massive game but not the be all and end all. Mark Little said that it is perhaps the so called "smaller" games that will define our season. And I think he is right. If we win the games we should win between now and the end of the season we'll be alright whatever happens today.

Edited by Numero Uno

They need to not lose more than we do if that makes sense ? If we lose and then win our game in hand we will go back in front of them. If they lose they will be 5 points behind having played a game more which would be very difficult to make up. The pressure is all on them. This is a really hard one to call but I can see us scoring at least 1 goal and when we have scored this season we have not lost. All we can ask is that City play as well as they have all season and if that happens and MK still beat us then fair play to them. COYR's !!!! 

1-1 will do me nicely

although last time we took a big crew to coventry 3-1 did me nicely too

stopping them running through our midfield will be key so lots of yellow cars me thinks

MK are pretty well versed in the dark arts at the back, and have picked up quite a few more bookings than average this season. Discipline will be key, and would not be surprised if it does not end 11 v 11.

What if the ridiculous cards or penalties are against MK?

I somehow can't envisage City being the beneficiaries of ridiculous match changing decisions.

We'd just have to grit our teeth and get on with it, I suppose.  ;)

Edited by Nogbad the Bad

Like others have said it's a must not lose game for MK really, I'll be happy with a 0-0 draw or a draw whatever the score but 0-0 as that would be the end them scoring so many as they seem to keep doing grr.

Hoping that we come out victorious 1-3 going in 1-1 at half time then coming out scoring quickly then putting in another around the 75th minute as they chase a equalizer meaning they have to keep leaving more space to try get something from the match then maybe we can score more than the 1-3 I hope for :-) COYR's!!!