IGNORED

The Official Milton Keynes 'dons' V Bristol City Match Day Thread

Think he was suggesting that it looked like more than the 5.1k announced - not believing that an extra 4k Wolves fans were in that pic compared to yesterday.

I could be wrong though. It's been known to happen.

One of the turnstiles wouldn't read the tickets. My mate had a ticket for downstairs but legged it over the turnstile to go upstairs closely followed by about 20 other sans tickets !

Yep, I was saying that if that was Wolves with 9k, we had more than 5k, as there weren't enough gaps (vs. the Wolves support) to squeeze another 4k in. 

Actually from my seat to the left of you, 5,100 looked spot on. Our stadium is deceiving. The top tier is smaller than the bottom and each block holds nearly 900.

Actually from my seat to the left of you, 5,100 looked spot on. Our stadium is deceiving. The top tier is smaller than the bottom and each block holds nearly 900.

I was in the MK end as well and didn't think there looked to be that much space vs. Wolves, but you maybe right. Based on other comments, guess it may depend on whether they counted tickets sold (which should be correct) or tickets scanned (which may understate). 

I was in the MK end as well and didn't think there looked to be that much space vs. Wolves, but you maybe right. Based on other comments, guess it may depend on whether they counted tickets sold (which should be correct) or tickets scanned (which may understate). 

Based on the fact we count the 6,000 ST Holders regardless of whether they turn up, I guess it would be tickets sold.

I only say it based on comparable crowds such as Coventry City, Leicester City, Leeds United and many others who have brought 4,000 upwards. In my opinion, it looked right. A fantastic turnout regardless and just a shame we could not manage a thousand or so more at our end, seeing as we had 10,500 there.

Edited by TheDon.

From where I was standing (Cowshed, opposite you lot) we were pretty decent. We are by no means the loudest or best supported team in the league, but certainly not the worst. We had over 10k there today, which is more than most home attendances including away support across the whole league.

Think our average home attendance this season is just over 9k which for league one is pretty damn good, think we are only behind Sheffield Utd, yourselves and Bradford this season now for highest average home attendance. Pretty good numbers I would say.

The club is quite "family" friendly as you might have picked up today, lots of family day out promotions etc, so the fanbase isn't the typical one, a real mix to be honest, whereas most other clubs will be mostly lads in their teens/20s/30s/40s and beyond, who are usually a bit more vocal, think there are a lot more women, kids and families making up the numbers.

yeah, really enjoyed game/.great ground you have mate, looking forwards to the compleation of ours..think best 2 sides in league/ dont want swindle to go up. good luck rest of season...

• Like 1

Think this Vine says it all about that Ayling handball......referee needs re-assessing as a Select group official to be honest..

https://vine.co/v/OUmMpgvFleD

Can't really argue that it shouldn't have been a penalty, though from all the chat (I wasn't there) about it on here and sky sports, I was expecting it to be a lot more blatant. I can understand how an official would miss it, not that it doesn't make it less of a bad refereeing mistake

Its down to the commentary.

If the commentator is dull, the game seems to be portrayed in that way - which is often is with RB.

To be fair, at that point, City couldn't string two passes together..........apparently.

First half neither team could in all honesty although we did have the best chance.. the second half, both teams opened up and it was a really good game.

I always enjoy my trips to MK, seem to have more chats with the home supporters than most places and a very decent ground to visit.  One thing especially I noticed yesterday, which could have some bearing on our redevelopment, was the use of their 4 large screens.  It must be the music industry connections because, like Brighton, they had a bespoke introductory video before the teams came out, highlighting past glories and generally celebrating the club, I thought it worked very well.  

Am I right in saying our 1 in ground big screen will be bolted on the roof of the Atyeo some time after the refurbishment is complete - seems we might not be reaping the full benefit.