IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Peterborough United Match Day Thread

Was never in doubt!

16 games to go.....Starting to believe....Automatic would be great, but Champions would be fantastic!!!!

COME ON!!!!

Any season when you beat Peterborough 5-0 over two games is a good season, any time you beat a Ferguson Jr side  5-0 over two games is a better one, now lets finish the job and make it a great one!

• Like 2

Darren F on today's local radio; "It was disappointing to lose to two goals from set pieces, a corner and a throw in". The sports reporter stated "it was  a comfortable win for Bristol City; Posh only had one shot all night".

Several people have posted City are seven points ahead of third place. One stat that's slipped under the radar; City are 21 points ahead of 7th place.

Three more obscure stats to give "nice round figures" and with 16 games to go, at least one should be achieved ;

30 more points for a 5,200 points since joining the League in 1901.

31 more goals for 6,350 goals since joining the League in 1901.

44 more goals for 3,200 in the third tier.

Rember when he signed and said he was a winner and everyone mocked him.

Was still a silly thing to say.  It doesn't sit well with many people.

If David Beckham tells everyone he's popular and good looking that will equally rile a few people.

"I'm a winner" doesn't endear most folk to anyone. 

Don't rule out PNE either, if they win their gamed in hand they will have an equal number of points to MK!

I reckon it'll be them and Sheffield Utd in the pray off final with PNE winning going on the fact they've scored more and conceded less than Sheffield Utd so far plus Sheffield Utd Pray Off record isn't that great if I'm correct.

Isn't Prestons record in the playoffs the worst in history? (Possibly second to ours...)

I think you may be right there completely forgot about theirs as was concentrating on Sheffield Utd as would put them as favorites now you've reminded me not so sure it will be PNE :-)

• Admin

I don't see how performances by a completely different set of players under a different manager from earlier years has any bearing on how well they would do in the play offs this year.

Would expect it to make the supporters more tense and in turn would affect how they support their side during the game. This in turns will rub off onto the players