IGNORED

General Election 2015 Match Day Thread (Merged)

Moloch

There was a thread, but i suspect it's locked or about 4 pages down by now!

I won't be voting for Ed Miliband.

Under this government:

I've seen my earnings increase by a 5 figure sum

We get 15 hours free childcare a week which means the wife can work slightly less unsocial hours

Crime has dropped to record lows

Bristols transport infrastructure, especially rail, is being improved

The economy didn't collapse

No NHS scandals ala Stafford

Sadly it was Labour's to lose. Quite how they can't see that Milliband is destroying their nailed on victory I'll never know.

Unless they're boxing clever knowing that the next term will be a tough one, so they've deliberately sabotaged their own chances.

Nevertheless, I will never vote for Cameron. So labour it is.

What (gravy) train we all going on?

As for voting, politics has always been the same as football - red all the way

As others have said though, I just can't see the point of voting for Milliband. I honestly think my 2 year old has more about her than him, he just looks like someone who's lied about their qualifications, landed a dream job and now doesn't have a ******* clue what is going on. That said, as others have said, I can't see me voting for Cameron either. He just looks like a smarmy****, but, as BCR says, I can't complain at how life under him has gone. 5 years ago I didn't think I'd be writing that

Going to read as much as I can about the policies that affect me, not listen to anybody else and vote with my head, whether that be Milliband or Cameron

I suspect there's half a chance that we'll all be voting again a year from now after whichever coalition gets in struggles to make it work

If ed millaband wasn't labour leader then labour would win by a landslide,

Another hung parliment is on the cards

True enough that Miliband is a liability but have seen no evidence that anyone else would give them a landslide. The two names more often mentioned are Yvette Cooper and Chuka Omuna (sp?). Neither would do much IMO. Truth of it is, I believe, that Labour lost as deserved last time after 13 years in power, most of their front bench went leaving them with a 10 year rebuilding job. Nothing unusual going on here - just the normal political cycle.

True enough that Miliband is a liability but have seen no evidence that anyone else would give them a landslide. The two names more often mentioned are Yvette Cooper and Chuka Omuna (sp?). Neither would do much IMO. Truth of it is, I believe, that Labour lost as deserved last time after 13 years in power, most of their front bench went leaving them with a 10 year rebuilding job. Nothing unusual going on here - just the normal political cycle.

all the parties are completely out of touch,

if the tories don't win out right expect boris to be party leader next time election season comes round,

if millerband were to win he wouldn't last 18 months until there is a leadership challenge in the labour party,

Lib Dems are un electable,

UKIP don't have enough support and haven't got rid of that racist image yet, but will be a bigger threat at the next general election,

what ever the outcome us working class will lose,

all the parties are completely out of touch,

if the tories don't win out right expect boris to be party leader next time election season comes round,

if millerband were to win he wouldn't last 18 months until there is a leadership challenge in the labour party,

Lib Dems are un electable,

UKIP don't have enough support and haven't got rid of that racist image yet, but will be a bigger threat at the next general election,

what ever the outcome us working class will lose,

This is what I mean, I consider myself working class and life's great for me for similar reasons as already posted

My wife only has to work 3 days a week and pays no tax, we get 15hrs free childcare and have money to spend - I'm happy with things at the moment and won't be looking to change

After the last election I said that the Tories would lose a generation of voters because they would have some hard decisions to make, it feels more like they've won me over

A family friend is an MP. Before the last election they said "whoever wins this election subsequently won't see government for a generation due to the cuts that have to be made".

I expect they're surprised how well it's gone considering.

41578_336374385591_719905_n.jpg

It's certainly more a case of voting for who I don't want.

Hard to work out really what the ***** going on though, lots of conflicting messages.  I think confusion and disillusionment is a deliberate ploy (crack pot conspiracist that I am).  

Probably go with Tory as the rest seem like even bigger liabilities.

Think us proletariats are being had over the barrel either which way, though.  And think young Farage is abusing this view point as well.

I'm not particularly surprised. It was always going to be difficult, but then the electorate knew it in 2010 and I think they know it now. The Tories are doing their usual stuff, albeit with a fairly left wing (by their standards) leader. It's not actually clear to me what the Labour Party are for any more. They don't represent the working man and seem to have fallen out with business - a fairly fatal combination. It comes to something that they're on track to can hammered by the SNP in Scotland and where, incredibly, Cameron has better personal popularity ratings than Miliband.

Working in care with the vulnerable ... Tories don't work in care.

Care and compassion is no longer in fashion with the BIG SOCIETY.

It has not been this bad in the care sector for a LONG time.

Back to keep em fed keep em watered.

Reality is waiting months and months due to cuts.

Time for the new Weather Underground ... Bring the war home.

More tactical voting in this election than any other before, I believe.

Not so much about who you want; more about who you don't want.

For me, the most important thing is to keep Eds Millipede and Bollocks out of power, before they screw up the economy (astheir predecessors always have).

I cannot stand the Green party, however, people who will be voting for them would normally have been voting Labour.

I do not foresee that the Greens and UKIP will get more seats, but they will definitely get more votes which may effect the overall outcome of who does get elected.

Working in care with the vulnerable ... Tories don't work in care.

Care and compassion is no longer in fashion with the BIG SOCIETY.

It has not been this bad in the care sector for a LONG time.

Back to keep em fed keep em watered.

Reality is waiting months and months due to cuts.

Time for the new Weather Underground ... Bring the war home.

This.

This government have been truely shocking for disabled people and other people that need help.

I really fear another conservative government but unfortunately none of the other parties are a real threat. I have no idea who I will vote for yet.

If LibDems understood how promises work there wouldn't be talk of a fiasco.

I've corrected you post. No need to thank me.

It seems to me that the LIbDems traded their manifesto promises for a taste of government and a referendum on transferable votes. Are you saying they were right to reverse their view on this, or that it was necessary political manouvering?

The thought of Milliband and Balls in the hot seat, scares the shit out of me.

I'm a labour man and it scares me too, I don't like cameron or gideon ether, and can't stand cable or Clegg,

I quite like Nigel but I don't like his party,

Its going to be a tough election to decide who i vote for to be perfectly honest

I'm a labour man and it scares me too, I don't like cameron or gideon ether, and can't stand cable or Clegg,

I quite like Nigel but I don't like his party,

Its going to be a tough election to decide who i vote for to be perfectly honest

I might set up the Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party.

Anyone want in??

Archived