IGNORED

General Election 2015 Match Day Thread (Merged)

Moloch

Yes.

I hope those two nationalist ******* make right fools of themselves; and confirm what most of us already know.

All they want is more money for their third world countries; and expect England to pay for it.

quite agree, they are even saying there could be an SNP/Labour coalition, now who would the SNP be getting deals for ummmm    ummmmm, they had their say in their referendum, we havent had ours yet but I am sure it was promised :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Yes.

I hope those two nationalist ******* make right fools of themselves; and confirm what most of us already know.

All they want is more money for their third world countries; and expect England to pay for it.

I wouldn't word it quite like that, but I do wonder why the SNP and Plaid are taking part and yet a party that is batting for England, the English Democrats, are not. 

Actually, I don't - making too many concessions to a specifically English identity has the power to destabilise the Union in a way that making concessions to the smaller nations doesn't. Still deeply frustrating though. 

• Admin

I may attract abuse for this but I find like the current situation least distasteful with the Tories trying to reduce public spending but the Liberals stopping them going as far as they would like to.

I can't think of much worse than a Labour/SNP coalition. Hello massive deficit and lots of money directed from Westminster to Scotland.

Edit: Sorry "like" is too strong, "find least distasteful". That's better.

I may attract abuse for this but I like the current situation with the Tories trying to reduce public spending but the Liberals stopping them going as far as they would like to.

I can't think of much worse than a Labour/SNP coalition. Hello massive deficit and lots of money directed from Westminster to Scotland.

Well said.

Did watch it.

I think the two most clearly anti establshment candidates, Sturgeon basically on the left, and Farage on the right, will probably be shown as coming out on top. Could play the plague on all your houses card, which will always play well at something like this. Greens and Plaid basically a waste of space on the evening. Others, much more of a muchness, with Clegg looking a little lost being out muscled on the anti establishment side, as he obviously is now.

Well we learnt that Farage especially hate foreigners with HIV so not a completely pointless exercise.

Yep, I should have prefaced my comments by not remotely a UKIP or SNP fan, just always thought this kind of debate was more likely to play to the 'outsiders' as it did to Clegg last time. Thought Miliband and Cams did ok, but rather overshadowed by others, as in fairness to both, in promising the world, they are the only two who may have to implement it!

What happened to hell yeh milliband,he backed down every time Cameron spoke,miliband couldnt lead a conga

Eric Cartman "Respect my Authoriteh" for PM, I say. Oh.

Cameron really could've just stood there and played the little wum. This was a pantomime and I don't think, given the upturn in the global economy since the crash, he's going to lose it. Miliband and Labour are just trying to take over because that is what's natural for them to try to do.

I'm tempted to tick Greens as a values based vote. I think they'll get more votes than they're being predicted too. It will be a nice strong message for Tories and Labour, if they do.

Got to love Farage but he seems a little one dimensional to me. I think he's underestimated the collective British heart (esp re AIDS victims ;) ).

Got to love Farage but he seems a little one dimensional to me. I think he's underestimated the collective British heart (esp re AIDS victims ;) ).

Thanks to my old man who is old and bigoted I get fed with ukip propaganda fairly often. I have some sympathies with the cause, which probably makes me inherently racist, but for farage to make that comment about HIV was embarrassing. He probably figured that people with HIV must be one of them 'gays' and therefore less of a human than him. He has a point about health tourism, but to quantify it by highlighting a group who probably didn't exactly want HIV in the first place, to make a political point is rediculous.

I am fed up of this razamatazz already. Apparently, three weeks is the minimum time permitted between a Government resigning and an election being held.

I am interested in politics, but would quite happily settle for three weeks maximum notice of an election.

A few years ago, it was stated on TV that an election is held merely to show the Monarch the wishes of the people. It is entirely up to the monarch who he/she wishes to appoint. A Privy Councillor who advises the Queen then said

"If the three main parties won roughly the same number of seats, she may call in the Conservatives and say You were the Government, but you no longer have a clear mandate; go. She'd then turn to Labour and say You were the opposition and you still don't have a majority; go. She would then turn to the Liberals and probably say You've won as many seats as any other party and you stand a greater chance of cross party support; please form the next Government".

I watched the last 30 or 40 minutes streamed through the Guardian site.  

Milli looked oddly over-dressed and I cringed whenever he looked into the camera - dude looks bizarre. Can you imagine Ed telling Putin to bugger off out of Ukraine?

Cameron looked like he wanted to beat the crap out of Clegg and seemed a bit disdainful of the whole show.

I don't think Nigel came across well.

Green woman - she didn't crash and burn so at least that's something.

Not sure why the Wales and Scotland reps were there - shouldn't they be on local TV debates?

Bit of a circus imo.

I thought I was going to need a bucket.

I was waiting for John Cleese to shout out "Oh, please don't smile !", as he did to Mr O'Reilly, the Irish builder in Fawlty Towers.

• Admin

I didn't catch the debate but when I saw a photo of the line-up I thought it a little strange that the sitting PM was on the fringe of the set whilst Milliband got a front & centre position. Maybe Cameron actually benefitted as it looks like he is distancing himself from this farce. Is Cameron the new Ashley Cole?

I managed 10 minutes last night and FFS those horrible whining, whinging women, what horrible voices they had?, I couldn't take anymore, they should lock prisoners in a room with the 3 of them for aversion therapy, although the suicide rate might go up.

EM quite agree, when SNP went from Salmon as a leader to Sturgeon, I thought ..........something fishy about all this..........then I watched 'Trawlermen' on Freeview about the Scottish Fishing Fleets. Perhaps they should do 3 weeks on a trawler like those guys.

EM quite agree, when SNP went from Salmon as a leader to Sturgeon, I thought ..........something fishy about all this..........then I watched 'Trawlermen' on Freeview about the Scottish Fishing Fleets. Perhaps they should do 3 weeks on a trawler like those guys.

Yep, fish never smelt like they do before those 3 started swimming in the sea.

I managed 10 minutes last night and FFS those horrible whining, whinging women, what horrible voices they had?, I couldn't take anymore, they should lock prisoners in a room with the 3 of them for aversion therapy, although the suicide rate might go up.

Thought the SNP woman came across very well and actually had more balls than most of the rest of them put together. When surrounded by public school boys like Farage and Cameron I don't really think turning it off based on how those 3 sounded is very fair - maybe you should try listening to what they say instead of what their voice sounds like.

Thought the SNP woman came across very well and actually had more balls than most of the rest of them put together. When surrounded by public school boys like Farage and Cameron I don't really think turning it off based on how those 3 sounded is very fair - maybe you should try listening to what they say instead of what their voice sounds like.

Get used to it Nick if Ed gets a sniff she will soon be holding England to ransom, best of luck with that.

Archived