IGNORED

Most Famous Pause Just Before An Incident/goal

Gert Mare

There is only one and that is Donnie Gillies equaliser at Coventry 1977 to keep us in the old first division, he appeared to take an age before striking the ball, 16,000 of us there to witness it.

Plus the Gerry Gow goal and best of all the last 10 ish minutes after the Sunderland result had been announced.  Time definitely stood still then.  

TWICE during that game !

Just before Hollowhead's missed pen (we knew the long awaited win against the scum 14ers was coming after that).

Then just before Donowa's goal.

The whole ground went apeshit, and I was crying tears of joy !

That was the night some squatter shouted "better dead than red" when there was the minutes silence for Des Williams. Very tasty atmosphere that night.

What is the moment you remember most just before an incident/goal when you did that sharp intake of breath and time seemed to stand still?

Mine was when Mark Gavin laid the ball off to Paul Mardon away at Forest in the Littlewoods Cup.

As I read the start of your post the exact same goal went through my head.

Totally agree,mind you whenever I've seen the goal again on tv etc, there is a loud scream that happens which slightly breaks the silence!

Fast forward 15 years and Andy Leaning (keeper) would have had a straight red for that challenge

There is only one and that is Donnie Gillies equaliser at Coventry 1977 to keep us in the old first division, he appeared to take an age before striking the ball, 16,000 of us there to witness it.

EMB if you remember Gerry Gows goal took its' time as it bobbled in but I agree - the ball seemed to take ages to drop out of the air, Donnie wound himself for a thunderbolt and instead lashing it into the top corner it seemed to roll down his shin and popped into the far corner. Happy Days

Archived