IGNORED

The Official Colchester United V Bristol City Match Day Thread

Why?, can you explain the arrogant sense that we should win every single game?, it's insulting to our opponents wherever they are in the league, it's important that people realise how far we have come in 12 months and just be glad about being where we are and in a position to determine our own destiny for once.

The trouble is and I am going to say this, there are more than a few posters who pounce on any setback merely because they didn't vote for SC.

Esmond, youre right, but mebbes a lot are pissed off we went down with little fight to 3-0...if we'd shown the spirit we did in 2nd half, just mebbes it would have been a draw. I agree were not God given rights to win every game, but we do expect the team to give a fair account of ourselves. I am willing to be corrected but it sounded from Radio Brizz coverage as if we didnt compete awfully much 1st half. SC's reaction suggests he was not best pleased...inshallah we'll end this dip ASAP....

And no matter what I would not entertain O Drosscolls dire, dour & uninspiring brand of football back into the Gate at any point. Had we still had the misfortune to have him managing we would, if not already relegated into L2 facing a drop into it now, or worse the Vanarama, potentially swapping divisions with the blue scum. This division is proving to be a very tight division and we need to be focused every game...cos as we've just found out today theres no easy ones here now.

Promotion is earned by winning games....no team has any right to promotion..regardless of size of fan base (or being a plastic club, or being webbed footed inbreds)

• Like 1

Just seen Cotts' post match interview. Christ if we thought the Sheff U one was embarrassing.....

I love the guy but he needs to learn to lose with dignity. Pitch was awful, ref was awful, players were cheats....

3-0 down in half an hour mate. That's not because of a bad pitch.

Lose with dignity? Frack off! When did SAF or Jose ever do that?

• Like 1

He's paid to see the bigger picture and manage his players properly not to be babyish and over-react to please one or two fans who are still raging because we've lost a game of football for only the fifth time in thirty one. Maybe a small minority on here would feel better if he smashed a couple of the more poorly performing players, who haven't let him down many times, with a baseball bat - that will get them playing for him on Tuesday.

I have no moan at SC, on the contrary; i was responding to that other fella .. my point is that i found it funny he blamed everyone but the players, largely.. and that is not a moan just found it funny. There was, in short, no hidden message or sarcasm in my message which others jumped on thinking there was. Maybe because there are a lot of sarcastic moaners on here but I am not one of them.. like I have said many times before SC can say whatever he darn well likes.. we are top, that is ALL that matters to me.

I didn't miss it mate, it's called sarcasm, but I suppose you're a bit too close to America to get that .

OK gotcha.. so you got my point. Thats all that matters.. see my post above this one for how I feel about our gaffer in case there is any doubt. I am in Manila not Cuba... sadly .. need to get stocked up with Cigars soon though ;)

I have old mucker and your reply to Slarti, you want him to slag the players off before another big game, it might have escaped your attention not many good managers actually do that.

On the contrary my fellow City friend.. I did not say i wanted him to do that, I believe you may have made the assumption i did because a lot on here would say yes to that question.

See my two posts above for further clarity on my position. 

Edited by havanatopia

I'm back from china for a couple of weeks and was at the game today (my wife is from Butuan City Philippines). Of course we were bad (especially the first 45) and it was a mess. You're right the pitch was not an issue. I understand your point about SC blaming everything, but he was magnificent on the touchline today and I'm glad he's here and passionate and angry. He was livid on BCFC Player and rightly so. Naturally, there are questions about why we performed so badly but I'm happy he's on the bus to Donny. I also think he was correct in his subs policy today. Ayling has been tremendous all season but he had to change after the debacle of the first half hour. Switching to 442 was sensible. Shocking result but respect for Steve from me today. I know you won't agree but greatest respect to you anyway my friend and fellow red. CTID

Actually I agree with the way SC conducts himself CR.. Seems like many have taken my remarks somewhat out of context and if its more than one its probably my fault!! Or is it that the English are just too cynical and always look at remarks and think it is sarcasm?.. anyway...I think i have straightened myself out now in this and the previous three posts you can see here above.

Butuan.. think I had to fight my way through there last year on a bus to Camiguin after flying in to CDO. I needed to recharge in the hot springs.. tried them out?

Appreciate your match remarks. 

Edited by havanatopia