IGNORED

Calm Down

Go Junior GO

We lost a game so what we are still well infront of other teams with a game in hand and a trip to wembley

cotts will get a new striker when smith goes back to fulham

we will probs lose a few more games between now and the end of the season but cotts is the man he knows more than all the forum posters put together

still on course to be champions

Pretty much the same the reaction after the Crewe away game.

It begs the question are the players going into these games with the wrong attitude?

Against Peterborough the other night they came out straight from the off all fired up. They need to do this for all games, especially those near the bottom of the table.

In many ways it is not the done thing in Britain to lose ungracefully.

Well I for one have been sick to deaths of City managers being restrained about defeats. Carry on SC, because I want my team to start winning titles and trophies! I get angry and miserable when City lose, so why should he be any different.

If people haven't seen it, here it is;

I've not seen him that angry before.

I wonder if there is an element of them throwing his praise back in his face. On Wednesday he was being quoted on the website as being really proud of the players and saying what a special young group they were, then this. Maybe he was as guilty as they were of taking his foot of the pedal?

Sure, but when does it cross the line and makes himself look stupid throwing his toys out the pram every time we lose?

Indeed. Pretty much blamed everything but himself and the team which is ludicrous considering we were 3 down in 25 minutes or whatever it was.

The pitch was awful so we couldn't pass, the ref was awful, they timewasted, the weather was wrong.....if I wanted to hear that garbage I'd have been a Man U fan.

If the pitch was as bad as he made out it would stop both teams from passing surely? Or did they simply carry the ball into the net three times in quick succession.

No problem with a manager showing passion but take some responsibility for yourself and the team and don't go round whinging about it being everyone and everything else's fault. We're not in the premier league yet!

Indeed. Pretty much blamed everything but himself and the team which is ludicrous considering we were 3 down in 25 minutes or whatever it was.

The pitch was awful so we couldn't pass, the ref was awful, they timewasted, the weather was wrong.....if I wanted to hear that garbage I'd have been a Man U fan.

If the pitch was as bad as he made out it would stop both teams from passing surely? Or did they simply carry the ball into the net three times in quick succession.

No problem with a manager showing passion but take some responsibility for yourself and the team and don't go round whinging about it being everyone and everything else's fault. We're not in the premier league yet!

^^this

Just a thought, Steve didn't seem to know where to look, was the interviewer wearing an ill-fitting ginger wig, perhaps he had a conspicuous bogey nostral hanger, was cross-eyed, standing there butt naked holding a mic?? .... Reminded me of a possible setup Gotcha Oscar moment, half expected the camera to spin around and reveal what was distracting Cotts so much, if it wasn't so serious it could've been red-nose day and red-faced funny.

That was one seriously angry manager...

seriously 

some people get far too stressed out on here its like 

there never happy even if we were top of the league they would be not happy 

um we are top of the league :yes:

There's passionate and coming across as arrogant and bitter. If this was Mourinho or Ferguson everyone would be talking about them being a bad loser, not being 'passionate'.

He didn't, not to me anyway.

Surprised any City supporter would want to find reasons to criticise a City manager showing genuine passion for this club, especially one who's worked near miracles for BCFC in the last year.

We do know some made it very clear from day 1 they were never going to take to Cotterill and will seek any stick to beat him with.

Using the word arrogant - one of his original detractors' favourite jibes - where others have not detected it you're in danger as coming across as one of them.

If I had to put up with some of these d*** he**s of reporters I would sound the same as well. They are such tools some of them and ask the most stupid questions, just notice how much more 'reporting' we get on local TV as we are top, before they didnt care if we existed. Personally, I cannot stand the media and glad there are forums like this where 'their' opinions count for s** all. Cotts is passionate and how he deals with the media is reminiscent of the late and great Brian Clough who I loved when he made reporters look 2 foot tall. Say it as it is Cotts, you are the manager and you havent done a half bad job so far :city:

There's passionate and coming across as arrogant and bitter. If this was Mourinho or Ferguson everyone would be talking about them being a bad loser, not being 'passionate'.

There's a very famous sporting quote that says "show me a good loser and I will show you a loser".

I want our manager to be a bad loser, we've had too many managers who became too used to losing - this one hasn't, and it's good to see that he doesn't much like it either.  

Archived