IGNORED

Calm Down

Go Junior GO

He didn't, not to me anyway.

Surprised any City supporter would want to find reasons to criticise a City manager showing genuine passion for this club, especially one who's worked near miracles for BCFC in the last year.

We do know some made it very clear from day 1 they were never going to take to Cotterill and will seek any stick to beat him with.

Using the word arrogant - one of his original detractors' favourite jibes - where others have not detected it you're in danger as coming across as one of them.

Are you seriously implying SC is not arrogant? I'd imagine he'd admit it himself. GJ was arrogant. It's not necessarily a criticism, it's part of how these men have got to where they are and have been successful in spells.

And you couldn't detect a tiny weeny little bit of bitterness in his post match interview? Not even about the pitch?! C'mon Noggers... SC was manager at Whaddon Rd when they had an appalling pitch and played at a Wimbledon side that never used to pass the ball - I doubt he used to complain about the quality of pitches back then!

He didn't, not to me anyway.

Surprised any City supporter would want to find reasons to criticise a City manager showing genuine passion for this club, especially one who's worked near miracles for BCFC in the last year.

We do know some made it very clear from day 1 they were never going to take to Cotterill and will seek any stick to beat him with.

Using the word arrogant - one of his original detractors' favourite jibes - where others have not detected it you're in danger as coming across as one of them.

Utter rubbish from start to finish.

Firstly - I'm not in the slightest bit anti-Cotterill,  anything but. Whilst I admit that AT THE TIME OF HIS APPOINTMENT I was not in favour of him being chosen (which was more about the manner in which it happened and not the man himself), he has 100% proven me completely and utterly wrong and he's number two in my all time favourite City managers of my entire City supporting life at this point in time. 

Secondly - I re-iterate my point that if an opposition manager said the same things as he did in the same manner after we'd beaten them, he'd be soundly slagged off on here for being a bad loser/sour grapes/excuses.

You make it sound like I have some sort of agenda, which is complete nonsense. I'm thrilled at the job SC is doing and hope we are successful under him for a long, long time. But that doesn't change the absolute facts, which is that this particular interview makes him look bitter and arrogant. 

He blames the pitch, the referee, his assistants, the Colchester players (in fact everyone but himself and his players) for the result, when the cold hard facts are we found ourselves on the wrong side of 3-0 after 26 minutes. I'm sorry but that's absolutely NOTHING to do with the pitch, the officials, the weather, the type of grass, the type of tyres on the team bus or anything else.

I've seen many, many posts over the years on here from people slagging off opposition managers for doing the exact same thing. And to me it's no different to any of the other unsavoury aspects of the game that I dislike, such as diving, cheating etc. which I will always take objection to, whether it be our player/manager or that of the opposition. 

No one is above criticism just because they're OUR manager or players. 

I'm disappointed not to hear him come out and say that we were atrocious in the opening 26 minutes because at least it would be honest. To blame (primarily) the pitch for the fact that you're 3-0 down within the half-hour is frankly ridiculous and makes him look like a very bad loser. To the best of my knowledge both teams played on the same pitch. He states that it stopped us passing, yet as I said before I imagine ColU had to make the occasional pass to work the ball towards - and ultimately into - our goal three times in quick succession.

Now, having said all that, I love the guy and as always am 100% behind him whilst he's our manager. Just because I don't wear BCFC rose-tints like the majority doesn't mean I'm "anti" [insert City player or manager here], I just state things as I see them and try to be objective. 

I still stand behind my fact that if an opposition manager had said that had the shoe been on the other foot, we'd all be laughing hard at how bitter they were being.

Think he comes across as rude, abrasive and contradictory... The thing about the head injuries was ludicrous. There is passion and then there is that.

Fair play to Adam Baker in all honesty.

A bit of old school managers style don't hurt from time to time, nothing wrong with it for me.

If as a player i played the first half like that i'd expect my arse chewed off to be fair, never mind AB, tea cups over the walls etc.

There's a very famous sporting quote that says "show me a good loser and I will show you a loser".

I want our manager to be a bad loser, we've had too many managers who became too used to losing - this one hasn't, and it's good to see that he doesn't much like it either.

Yep being a bad loser is great but he should give the real reasons why we lost and be livid about them.

Blaming the pitch, officials and Col U feigning head injuries just comes across as desperate.

It was the sort of thing Gerry Francis said when he was manager of "them" and it came across as pathetic. He even said the reason "they" lost a game once was because the grass was too long.

By all means be a bad loser but rant about our own shortcomings, the Col U groundsman was not the reason we were 3-0 down...

Yep being a bad loser is great but he should give the real reasons why we lost and be livid about them.

Blaming the pitch, officials and Col U feigning head injuries just comes across as desperate.

It was the sort of thing Gerry Francis said when he was manager of "them" and it came across as pathetic. He even said the reason "they" lost a game once was because the grass was too long.

By all means be a bad loser but rant about our own shortcomings, the Col U groundsman was not the reason we were 3-0 down...

I would imagine that what is being said publically and what is being said "in house" are two entirely different things. You don't often see successful Managers slag off their players publically and air their dirty washing in public. But you can rest assured that the players who slipped below the standards that have been set, on Saturday, were left in no uncertain terms where they stand if it happens again.

Are you seriously implying SC is not arrogant? I'd imagine he'd admit it himself. GJ was arrogant. It's not necessarily a criticism, it's part of how these men have got to where they are and have been successful in spells.

And you couldn't detect a tiny weeny little bit of bitterness in his post match interview? Not even about the pitch?! C'mon Noggers... SC was manager at Whaddon Rd when they had an appalling pitch and played at a Wimbledon side that never used to pass the ball - I doubt he used to complain about the quality of pitches back then!

Kid -I'd say the word arrogant is very much being used as a criticism in areas of this thread. Is Cotterill arrogant? Quite possibly, in so far as he's certainly got self belief, but does he portray an unpleasant arrogance in this interview?

Not as far as I'm concerned. In the clip I see disappointment, anger, the frustratiion of someone who feels hard done by, and someone who hates losing. 

I can certainly see his point regarding the numerous stoppages for 'head injuries' contrived by the Colchester players to break up the play late in the game. That comes over as pure frustration and understandable 'bitterness' if you want to use the word, both that Colchester employed those tactics and that the ref. neither saw through them nor added sufficient time at the end to compensate.

In part I'm repeating myself from another thread where I also said I thought he was wrong to put any blame on the pitch, so I agree with you there.

Still, no one's perfect are they and it's always possible to pick fault in immediate animated post match comments if you want to.

I think Cotterill's done more than enough for us to forgive him the odd small faux pas in the heat of the moment in the immediate aftermath of such an exasperating afternoon, and where he genuinely perceives injustice - that would almost certainly be shared by many of the travelling fans as far as the 'head injuries' are concerned - I'm more than happy for him to voice it.

• Admin

It's all very well putting whoosh and maybe I have, but I still don't get it.

Where is the whoosh?

Can you explain it please.

Basically Junior wrote if we "were" top of the league

Someone pulled him up on this as we "are" top of the league

Utter rubbish from start to finish.

Firstly - I'm not in the slightest bit anti-Cotterill,  anything but. Whilst I admit that AT THE TIME OF HIS APPOINTMENT I was not in favour of him being chosen (which was more about the manner in which it happened and not the man himself), he has 100% proven me completely and utterly wrong and he's number two in my all time favourite City managers of my entire City supporting life at this point in time. 

Secondly - I re-iterate my point that if an opposition manager said the same things as he did in the same manner after we'd beaten them, he'd be soundly slagged off on here for being a bad loser/sour grapes/excuses.

You make it sound like I have some sort of agenda, which is complete nonsense. I'm thrilled at the job SC is doing and hope we are successful under him for a long, long time. But that doesn't change the absolute facts, which is that this particular interview makes him look bitter and arrogant. 

He blames the pitch, the referee, his assistants, the Colchester players (in fact everyone but himself and his players) for the result, when the cold hard facts are we found ourselves on the wrong side of 3-0 after 26 minutes. I'm sorry but that's absolutely NOTHING to do with the pitch, the officials, the weather, the type of grass, the type of tyres on the team bus or anything else.

I've seen many, many posts over the years on here from people slagging off opposition managers for doing the exact same thing. And to me it's no different to any of the other unsavoury aspects of the game that I dislike, such as diving, cheating etc. which I will always take objection to, whether it be our player/manager or that of the opposition. 

No one is above criticism just because they're OUR manager or players. 

I'm disappointed not to hear him come out and say that we were atrocious in the opening 26 minutes because at least it would be honest. To blame (primarily) the pitch for the fact that you're 3-0 down within the half-hour is frankly ridiculous and makes him look like a very bad loser. To the best of my knowledge both teams played on the same pitch. He states that it stopped us passing, yet as I said before I imagine ColU had to make the occasional pass to work the ball towards - and ultimately into - our goal three times in quick succession.

Now, having said all that, I love the guy and as always am 100% behind him whilst he's our manager. Just because I don't wear BCFC rose-tints like the majority doesn't mean I'm "anti" [insert City player or manager here], I just state things as I see them and try to be objective. 

I still stand behind my fact that if an opposition manager had said that had the shoe been on the other foot, we'd all be laughing hard at how bitter they were being.

Long reply

Archived