IGNORED

Driving To Wembley Tips

Tinmans Love Child

Apologies if this been raised elsewhere (I can't find that it has), I'm planning to drive and park somewhere outside of Wembley area and get the tube/train to the stadium. I believe there are various good locations for this (High Wycombe and Watford for example), I just wondered if anyone out there was aware of some other options? Thanks in advance

For the Play-Off final we drove to High Wycombe railway station and got the train from there direct to Wembley Stadium station. Trains leave about every half an hour and it takes 25 mins.

This option means you don't need to take the car into London and High Wycombe is not far from the M4. Leave on J8 - then take the A404.

Lots of pubs to choose from near High Wycombe station - which will avoid the inevitable crush in pubs around Wembley.

It worked well and so we are doing that again. I can't remember the parking fee at the station but it was not excessive. Might have been about a fiver for the day.

Apologies if this been raised elsewhere (I can't find that it has), I'm planning to drive and park somewhere outside of Wembley area and get the tube/train to the stadium. I believe there are various good locations for this (High Wycombe and Watford for example), I just wondered if anyone out there was aware of some other options? Thanks in advance

which direction are you coming from?

I go to all England games at Wembley.

I park at Harrow & Wealdstone tube (I believe free on Sundays). It's 4 stops on the line to Wembley Central. Usually you can walk straight onto the platofrm at Wembley Central for the return, as most people are heading into Central London - H&W is on the way out.

You can be out onto the M1/M25 in about 10 minutes from H&W.

I always use Ruislip..... just off M25 (one junction I think from M4)....... free street parking...overland train for one stop (10mins) to Wembley....

Last England game we went to .....we were on M25 within 20 mins of leaving Wembers and back home in Chep in time to watch highlights on tv ....

For the Play-Off final we drove to High Wycombe railway station and got the train from there direct to Wembley Stadium station. Trains leave about every half an hour and it takes 25 mins.

This option means you don't need to take the car into London and High Wycombe is not far from the M4. Leave on J8 - then take the A404.

Lots of pubs to choose from near High Wycombe station - which will avoid the inevitable crush in pubs around Wembley.

It worked well and so we are doing that again. I can't remember the parking fee at the station but it was not excessive. Might have been about a fiver for the day.

I'm quite familiar with High Wycombe having worked their a lot so will check this out too, lots of options!

Sorted - parked 5 mins from Stadium.. 2 mins from pub... Result

Yep it's a really good option. Your parking will be covered by the money you would otherwise have spent on public transport, you'll avoid the worst of the traffic as you're not in an official car park, and if you have to wait at all it'll be in a warm car rather than a cold platform.

Archived