IGNORED

The Ratings Are In....

And Its Smith

Very accurate and agree the waterlogging attempt at half time didn't help. Think you've been a touch generous on Mark Little who needs to be more composed and less cavalier if he wants to be part of our team at the end of this season let alone next.

Our first goal was sublime but that may just have been the number of last gasp or one touches. Some of our play from one down was Prem quality, all interplay and confidence, the rub with that is it often didn't come off and we gave the ball away far too often today.

A strangely nervous and end-to-end 3-1 against another (on balance) bright side, but this is still the best City side I've seen in my life. I enjoy Orient away, and the other results were beautiful.

The last word goes to the old doddery Orient fan at the front by the segregation, who hurled several plastic milk (?) packets at Derek Williams just beyond the touchline, missing him by inches. Orient steward had a firm chat and left it at that. Precedent set... At Brisbane Road it's okay to throw things at the players.

I came away thinking that this was one of those hard fought "do just enough" to get 3 points games. Really impressed with Freeman and Bryan tonight, Pack worked hard as did Agard who chased everything down.

Living where I do I don't get to many live matches so can only make this judgement on the TV games I've seen and tonight, but I really don't rate Little, sure lots of pace, but unless he gets inside his full back he does not appear to offer that much, and then when he invariably loses the ball or misplaces the pass just jogs back leaving Ayling and or Pack/Smith to cover his position. Their goal was his fault. Am I being harsh?

Some positive comments from the Os about Freeman and Fielding.

http://leytonorientforum.co.uk/topic8480.html

The fans are naive if they think we played hoof ball. Yes, the balls were long but they weren't hoofed. They were directed to Wilbs or Agard and people were quick to get up and support.

The pitch wasn't great and it is very small and compact, leaving no space with 6 central midfielders on the pitch.

I came away thinking that this was one of those hard fought "do just enough" to get 3 points games. Really impressed with Freeman and Bryan tonight, Pack worked hard as did Agard who chased everything down.

Living where I do I don't get to many live matches so can only make this judgement on the TV games I've seen and tonight, but I really don't rate Little, sure lots of pace, but unless he gets inside his full back he does not appear to offer that much, and then when he invariably loses the ball or misplaces the pass just jogs back leaving Ayling and or Pack/Smith to cover his position. Their goal was his fault. Am I being harsh?

Not being harsh on Little at all.  See my ratings  :yes:

We will suffer for Little's faults if we make it to the Championship.  Bryan is also guilty of "jogging back"  (not tonight when he was more disciplined)

Not being harsh on Little at all. See my ratings :yes:

We will suffer for Little's faults if we make it to the Championship. Bryan is also guilty of "jogging back" (not tonight when he was more disciplined)

Our defence would get 'torn a new one' if we get to the championship based on tonight and Saturdays performance. The amount of chances that were created and not taken were unbelievable - Championship strikers would have a field day.

Anyway - let's cross that bridge if/when we get there.

Had a quick read of the Orient fan, not complimentary of SC or our playing style.

What impresses me the most about this team is we can go to small clubs like Orient and play them at their own, thuggish, direct game. That's why we have a fantastic away record.

What, like beating them all the time?

:D

Our defence would get 'torn a new one' if we get to the championship based on tonight and Saturdays performance. The amount of chances that were created and not taken were unbelievable - Championship strikers would have a field day.

Anyway - let's cross that bridge if/when we get there.

I agree we could easily have conceded a couple more last night. I wonder if our formation might not be defensive enough it we get promoted. Mark Little's poor pass aside it is difficult to pinpoint a player that was defensively weak last night.

From a player perspective I like Agard and Little and think they are good league 1 players, but if we were to go up those two are the positions I hope we strengthen first.

Archived