IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Gillingham Match Day Thread

Nope. Chatham (Chav = CHatham AVerage)

But following the journalist mantra: never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Chav is Romany for "boy".

In parts of Scotland - where chavs are called "neds" - you will occasionally be addresses as chavvie, although this is not meant as an insult, but is a bit like calling someone "son".

In parts of Scotland - where chavs are called "neds" - you will occasionally be addresses as chavvie, although this is not meant as an insult, but is a bit like calling someone "son".

Would that be a reference to malleus scotorum, aka Edward I?

Dick eye chavvy, it's a mud town slosher

That's right guvnor, Jack the lad

Know what I mean, eh, know what I mean?

........anyone?

I thought Gillingham looked much better than in previous matches. One of those days I spose. Earned a point and I guess it reminded the lads that it's not on a plate for them. Yet.

I love this team. I love this season.

Yep Gills defended well. They didn't do anything else. I believe they decided they couldn't bare to lose 5 times to us in 1 season and played accordingly. The second half in particular was the most one sided affair I've seen all season!

I predicted a draw before the Roch game and stuck to that for this thread. We have 80 pts which is still 2 pts ahead of my prediction so I am still extremely and stupendously delighted.

H to Rochdale = 3 pts = 70pts

A to L Orient = 3 = 73

A to Crawley = 1 = 74

A to Yeovil = 3 = 77

H to Gills = 1 = 78

H to Crewe = 3 = 81

H to Barnsley = 1 = 82

A to Oldham = 3 = 85

H to Swindle = 3 = 88

Can't be too critical after three fantastic away wins, but not sure what game Steve was watching after his post match comments. I thought we were pedestrian all game and totally lacked creativity whereas he says we were magnificent and could have won by four or five.

Hmmm.

I agree with Cotts, I thought we played some superb football against a side who know us very well and defended excellently partly due to that. I took a look at their fans on a couple of occasions in the 2nd half and even they seemed to be shaking their heads at some of our chances. I think on another day, that could have been the trouncing that we all think someone should get from this team, I am hoping it will be Swindon now.