IGNORED

British Roads

Rob k

I had to go to Manchester monday for work,

My god our road network is a joke, you can barley get above 50 between Bristol and Manchester as there are so many average speed cameras due to roadworks, for a large part it's down to 40!

I chose to drive home this evening as could not stand the thought of trying to get back tomorrow morning in rush hour and it's taken 4 hours!!!

M5 was shut at J7 due to more roadworks so they send you through Worcester which surprisingly has more roadworks being done!

I drive to Oldham (20 mins from Manchester) and back once a week and have done for 7 years.  The average journey used to be around 3hrs 15mins but over the last year it is probably now around 3hrs 35 mins.  Occasionally I drive up the night before and can do it in just less than 3 hours.   

It is very frustrating and other than 8pm or later there is no 'good' time to set off.  You will either get stuck getting out of Bristol, at M5/M6 Birmingham, at Manchester or at Stockport - or ALL of them!

Time to look for a new job I think. 

I drive to Oldham (20 mins from Manchester) and back once a week and have done for 7 years.  The average journey used to be around 3hrs 15mins but over the last year it is probably now around 3hrs 35 mins.  Occasionally I drive up the night before and can do it in just less than 3 hours.   

It is very frustrating and other than 8pm or later there is no 'good' time to set off.  You will either get stuck getting out of Bristol, at M5/M6 Birmingham, at Manchester or at Stockport - or ALL of them!

Time to look for a new job I think.

I feel your pain. I regularly travel to Macclesfield (junction 17,M6) on average it takes 2hrs 30 but I have to drive up during unsociable hours, otherwise like you said, the M6 at Birmingham is horrendous and can put an hour on your journey just passing through Brum.

I presume the op's are familiar with the transport system within the beautiful city's own walls?

My very basic/profound understanding is that the country's/global's issues are complex. Was ****** out off Uxbridge tonight, but we found a far faster way to go. Not that I can explain it, only the driver tried too, and if worked.

You have one of those apps/devices that can radar traffic, thus telling you the best route to take?

They're shit hot.

Try other routes and the device goes nuts if it doesn't like it. If it doesn mind it, then it doesn't go nuts and you continue.

Archived