IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Walsall Jpt Wembley Final Match Day Thread

Good morning to one and all. Good morning to all those attending our cup final today in person at Wembley Stadium. Just saying that word, Wembley, gives me goose bumps which enlarge when I know its our team taking part in what is a tournament on the rise. A fabulous turnout is assured so a huge level of gratitude to all the fans, players and management and staff i think is in order. 

Let us be the first team to bring this tournament home 3 times in what could be a record that stands for many years to come if 16 Premier 'B' teams are included from next season.

Walsall need no introduction and anyway, this is all about the occasion, the final, Wembley and what we all hope will be a game played in the true spirit of football; cup finals usually are with fans mixing as they always should in and outside of the ground. I shall look forward to the 16th minute and, if I find a stream or a pub that shows the game, I will be clapping in respect to a family who's world has just collapsed. 

I have a distinct feeling City will not be freezing on the day, we have done that one too many times in recent history. Steve Cotterill has managed this group of players all season with a sense of commanding and bossing of a game and I see no difference today when they set foot on the hallowed turf.

For anyone in need of a stat fix on the stadium i just leave you with this link:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2313407/Wembley-Facts-and-figures.html

I think thats enough.. there is loads to read about this match.. thanks again to all those going.. lets put the first of two season long trophies into the cabinet today. Roar the reds on to victory.

3-1

JET, Wilbs, Agard - a full set of striker goals.. after City go one behind to an early 'shock of horrors' Saddlers goal.

I hope both teams play their hearts out and make it a truly superb spectacle of League 1 football for the world to enjoy and perhaps give a glimpse to those in the Championship and those coming down from the Premiership to what they are likely to be up against next season. I say it again, I see no reason this team cannot continue this success into next season; today is where we commence this successful road because, as we all know, we have won nothing yet.

U Ridddddddzzzzzzzz.

Edited by havanatopia

Can't keep up with all the minutes clapping that will happen. 16th min for the girl killed, whose name escapes me, 35th min for Dolly (and I'll pretend it's for me too as I am too of said age), 10th for Matt Smith. Have I missed any? Is there one for the fan whose speech was the catalyst for this amazing turn around in fortunes? Should we just clap for the while 90 mins?

Anyhow, really excited about today. Just can't decide whether to go with purple and lime or a previous season's red. Either way, I'm bound to clash with someone else. :-)

Come on City!

Edited by citywest30

Good morning to one and all. Good morning to all those attending our cup final today in person at Wembley Stadium. Just saying that word, Wembley, gives me goose bumps which enlarge when I know its our team taking part in what is a tournament on the rise. A fabulous turnout is assured so a huge level of gratitude to all the fans, players and management and staff i think is in order. 

Let us be the first team to bring this tournament home 3 times in what could be a record that stands for many years to come if 16 Premier 'B' teams are included from next season.

Walsall need no introduction and anyway, this is all about the occasion, the final, Wembley and what we all hope will be a game played in the true spirit of football; cup finals usually are with fans mixing as they always should in and outside of the ground. I shall look forward to the 16th minute and, if I find a stream or a pub that shows the game, I will be clapping in respect to a family who's world has just collapsed. 

I have a distinct feeling City will not be freezing on the day, we have done that one too many times in recent history. Steve Cotterill has managed this group of players all season with a sense of commanding and bossing of a game and I see no difference today when they set foot on the hallowed turf.

For anyone in need of a stat fix on the stadium i just leave you with this link:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2313407/Wembley-Facts-and-figures.html

I think thats enough.. there is loads to read about this match.. thanks again to all those going.. lets put the first of two season long trophies into the cabinet today. Roar the reds on to victory.

3-1

JET, Wilbs, Agard - a full set of striker goals.. after City go one behind to an early 'shock of horrors' Saddlers goal.

I hope both teams play their hearts out and make it a truly superb spectacle of League 1 football for the world to enjoy and perhaps give a glimpse to those in the Championship and those coming down from the Premier League to what they are likely to be up against next season. I say it again, I see no reason this team cannot continue this success into next season; today is where we commence this successful road because, as we all know, we have won nothing yet.

U Ridddddddzzzzzzzz.

Don't be daft - Flint will score. Flint ALWAYS scores!

• Like 1

Can't keep up with all the minutes clapping that will happen. 16th min for the girl killed, whose name escapes me, 35th min for Dolly (and I'll pretend it's for me too as I am too of said age), 10th for Matt Smith. Have I missed any? Is there one for the fan whose speech was the catalyst for this amazing turn around in fortunes? Should we just clap for the while 90 mins?

Anyhow, really excited about today. Just can't decide whether to go with purple and lime or a previous season's red. Either way, I'm bound to clash with someone else. :-)

Come on City

well to add some variety, we could sing Happy Birthday to Luke Freeman on the 23rd minute?

Just seen the other thread - and for Dolly (should that be on the 21st minute Dolls? Safe answer whenever a lady asks you to guess their age  :fear: )

Edited by semblar