IGNORED

History Repeated

Tinmans Love Child

In my first season as a City fan (89/90 promotion season) with Bob Taylor, Rob Newman, Mark Gavin and all the rest, we played Walsall at home last game of the season winning 4-0, I remember the crowd stood around the pitch and Junior Bent came on as a sub and was running down the wing with the fans only a fag paper away. Hopefully history will repeat 25 years later!! COYR

In my first season as a City fan (89/90 promotion season) with Bob Taylor, Rob Newman, Mark Gavin and all the rest, we played Walsall at home last game of the season winning 4-0, I remember the crowd stood around the pitch and Junior Bent came on as a sub and was running down the wing with the fans only a fag paper away. Hopefully history will repeat 25 years later!! COYR

This will be better this time. Just a few days before that Walsall game, we had lost 3-0 at Trumpton.

This time we have just beaten our local rivals 3-0.

This will be better this time. Just a few days before that Walsall game, we had lost 3-0 at Trumpton.

This time we have just beaten our local rivals 3-0.

I remember the Derby well, I was 11 and listened to it on the radio and I'm not ashamed to say I cried that night, dreaded going back to school the next day to face the grief! That's why I want the title more than anything, to right the wrongs of 25 years of hurt!

• Admin

We only finished second that year so I hope it's not history repeated!

EXACTLY !!

Not sure they would play the game if that happened this day and age.

BEFORE, getting ahead of myself - clearly we'd need to stay off of the pitch for the trophy presentations ??

Last time we played Walsall at home on the final day of the season and got promoted, we also threw the title away.....lets hope that doesn't happen again. Super Bob picked up a thigh injury with about 8 games to go as I remember, done for us

The 3-0 at Trumpton was one of the lowest moments of my time following City. I remember all through the Walsall game there were rumours R*vers were losing at Blackpool, and we were top again....can't happen in this day and age

That Walsall game was there was a rumour that NLBR who,were at Blackpool were 1-0 down , 2-0 down 3-1 down etc etc (They were winning comfortably all along) and every time a new rumour shot round another pitch invasion resulted - there must have been 4 pr more before the final whistle !!! :laugh:

Last time we played Walsall ......

The 3-0 at Trumpton was one of the lowest moments of my time following City. I remember all through the Walsall game there were rumours R*vers were losing at Blackpool, and we were top again....can't happen in this day and age

Sorry Woodsy - you'd already mentioned the Gas score rumours - I can remember the last one where a lad near to me in fron of the Dolman deliberately started a new one and within a minute or so the pitch was engulfed by fans who by this time were just enjoying the laugh rather tan taking the rumours serious in any form !! All good humoured tho :D

Sorry Woodsy - you'd already mentioned the Gas score rumours - I can remember the last one where a lad near to me in fron of the Dolman deliberately started a new one and within a minute or so the pitch was engulfed by fans who by this time were just enjoying the laugh rather tan taking the rumours serious in any form !! All good humoured tho :D

I was in the Open End and as I clambered over the fence I could clearly see my brother doing the same in the East End

I didn't even know he'd gone to the game!

That Walsall game was there was a rumour that NLBR who,were at Blackpool were 1-0 down , 2-0 down 3-1 down etc etc (They were winning comfortably all along) and every time a new rumour shot round another pitch invasion resulted - there must have been 4 pr more before the final whistle !!! :laugh:

Forgot about that, which was the reason fans were round the pitch!

I was in the enclosure that day - missed the first goal as my dad and his mates decided they could do another pint and still make the game! Remember some lad leaping like a salmon out of the crowd and heading the ball - then they announced the crowd as 16000 when clearly there was a LOT more in there. Happy days, soon to be repeated...

Beat Fulham 1-0 away on ? Boxing Day Fordy but can't remember the home game

Crewe we hit for ? Six ? But was the game where SuperBob (The real one !)'scored a,cracking hat trick and then pulled a thigh muscle, just as he was about to be taken off (which cost us the title to some tinpot outfit)

On a secondary note Fordy - was it you I managed to help out with tickets for the Hull Play Off ?

Did you collect them from Winterbourne ?

Not important - just curious if I'm right in 'placing' you

Beat Fulham 1-0 away on ? Boxing Day Fordy but can't remember the home game

Crewe we hit for ? Six ? But was the game where SuperBob (The real one !)'scored a,cracking hat trick and then pulled a thigh muscle, just as he was about to be taken off (which cost us the title to some tinpot outfit)

On a secondary note Fordy - was it you I managed to help out with tickets for the Hull Play Off ?

Did you collect them from Winterbourne ?

Not important - just curious if I'm right in 'placing' you

No mate. Not me. I went for the standard route of buying them normally!

Blimey where's my six gone :(

Mixing up with Huddersfield the year before - six incl another SuperBob hat trick

Went to every game that season but just cannot recall the Fulham game :(

Grey cells not as young as they were but that's a worry !!!!

:laugh:

Did it say who scored against Fulham Fordy ? - might jog the grey matter !

Think I remember a Dave Rennie chip the keeper from the edge of the area in that Walsall game? Remember one of Bobs goals vs Crewe was a thunderbolt from 25 ish yards, stunning. GREAT memories other than the trumpton result, should have been sooo different if Gavin had beaten their stopper when one on one in the early minutes...

Seems we lost 6-0 to Tranmere that year. Don't recall that.

Can't find the scorers sorry BBSB.

No probs

Unfortunately I remember the. Tranmere game all too well - they played at home on Friday nights then , made a last min decision to drive up on my tod - we had ????? Sent off , at 5-0 down I tried to get out - Merseysides Gestapo said no and I got a couple of clumps from a ole bill truncheon before the long drive home !! Happy days

Archived