IGNORED

The End Is Nigh...

Loco Rojo

Is anyone else a bit sad to think that this season is going to be over soon? Who knows what next season will bring, or the ones after that, but right now, today, this season is by far the best i've seen, with the most entertaining squad and soon it'll all be over.  And we haven't even won the title yet :-)

I know some will say, just enjoy the moment and i am, but it's sad to think that soon this great season will come to an end. 

Is anyone else a bit sad to think that this season is going to be over soon? Who knows what next season will bring, or the ones after that, but right now, today, this season is by far the best i've seen, with the most entertaining squad and soon it'll all be over. And we haven't even won the title yet :-)

I know some will say, just enjoy the moment and i am, but it's sad to think that soon this great season will come to an end.

But, and it is a very big BUT, it may be the end of the beginning, followed by the beginning of the future when we really do set the football world and the citizens of Bristol, alight.

Or the beginning of the end when we slide back down.

I know which one I believe will happen. I am looking forward to our next home win against Manure.

Just imagine, in 3 years time we could be finishing top half in the premier league with a completely different group of players and manager and we'll all forget about this lot. Ha

I know this was meant tongue in cheek, but when City were close to the Premiership and had Marvin Elliott on top form, McIndoe weaving his magic, Basso unbeatable, Adebola unstoppable etc I never forgot about the likes of Newman, Walsh, Riley, Gavin, Shelton etc etc. These players have rightly earned their place in City history and even City going onto the Premier League (which I desperately hope happens) won't mean I forget heroes from the past.

Just imagine, in 3 years time we could be finishing top half in the premier league with a completely different group of players and manager and we'll all forget about this lot. Ha

This season will not be forgotten and neither will the players, this squad has been the most cohesive I've seen in my lifetime. I don't care where we get but this team WILL be remembered. I know we are in the third division but this team are legends. They will stand up in history with the greats, and they can hold their heads high.

I'll definitely be sad to see this season end.  

In my 50+ years of watching City, I've never seen them dominating a league like they have this year and when we have achieved promotions, it's generally been a scrap right to the last match.  I'm loving the fact that I'm looking forward to the next match and really have a buzz about football again and am massively proud of this club again.

Last night typified this season for me.  When questions were asked of the team in a big match, they came up with all the answers.  They didn't just get the win they needed, they displayed a steely determination and didn't ease up at any point and ruthlessly destroyed Bradford.  You only have to read the admiring posts on the Bradford forum to realise the level the team reached last night. That really has topped off an unforgettable season and I'll be amazed and absolutely delighted if we ever see another quite like this again.

On the other hand, there is something special going on at Bristol City at present and who knows where this is going to take us.  This may just be the beginning of something VERY SPECIAL happening at our club, so let's strap ourselves in and enjoy the ride.  

Roll on next season!!!  :bounce:  

If I'm lucky enough to be a grandfather one day, I will tell the young uns of 

Fielding

Bryan

Williams

Flint

Ayling

Little

Pack

Smith

Freeman

Agard

Wilbraham

Elliott ©

Cotts

These 12 will be etched in my brain, with perhaps Cunningham, JET and M.Smith joining them.

This.

Ive always been amazed that older city supporters could name teams from 30 or 40 years ago just because they had success.

Now I get it,I'll never forget this lot

If I'm lucky enough to be a grandfather one day, I will tell the young uns of 

Fielding

Bryan

Williams

Flint

Ayling

Little

Pack

Smith

Freeman

Agard

Wilbraham

Elliott ©

Cotts

These 12 will be etched in my brain, with perhaps Cunningham, JET and M.Smith joining them.

We achieved what we did because of 25 goals from the three you mention as 'perhaps'...Just a thought!

This is comfortably the best season in my 23 years of watching and my only regret is I've not been able to attend many games. This team will be one to look back on in 40/50 years time, whatever happens between now and then. 

I am sad that it's nearly over, but equally the memories will last a lifetime.

Archived