IGNORED

John Roberts (Merged)

BS3_RED

I am working in Swansea today and have been told that we have a lad on trial who is at Swansea university. Apparently Southampton were sniffing around but he wants to finish his degree so is coming to us on a trial.

From what the lad says he is a winger come forward.

Just passing on what I have been told.

Do you by any chance know if he plays for Swansea University men's side.

I happened to watch them last week in the big Varsity game versus Cardiff Uni - would be very surprised if any of those lads made it semi pro let alone pro

Was an entertaining match, more for the drunk students singing at each other. This was at midday, and it was all humorous. Unfortunately by 4/5 things did get out of hand....

The actual football wasn't fantastic. Not in terms of long ball (unlike FGR/NLBR) more just first touch wayward passes etc.

A few of the better ones could turn semi pro I'd suggest, nothing more

Do you by any chance know if he plays for Swansea University men's side.

I happened to watch them last week in the big Varsity game versus Cardiff Uni - would be very surprised if any of those lads made it semi pro let alone pro

What was the score? Miss the Welsh varsity days!

You never know... when I was at Loughborough we had Bradley Pritchard and Robbie Simpson in our 1sts. They both looked good but I wouldn't have said they could play CCC/L1.

Fair enough, I guess they're still developing. Same with Matt Smith who played Uni football.

Just saying from what I saw they didn't look good enough - willing to be proved wrong though!

So there has been talk of John Roberts potentially trialling. Any news if this is ever going to happen? I've seen him live and the kid is incredible! Can't understand why talent like this would ever be passed up?!!

Erm, who?

So there has been talk of John Roberts potentially trialling. Any news if this is ever going to happen? I've seen him live and the kid is incredible! Can't understand why talent like this would ever be passed up?!!

Mate, he's 68. Little or no sell on value here so it's a no from me

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Roberts_(footballer,_born_1946)

• Admin

No idea who he is!

Not heard any "talk" of him signing.

But as there have and will be more trials in the coming weeks he will no doubt be one of many trying to earn a spot with us

he probhold hundreds if not thousends of trials a season, so chances are he will get one,

its whether he's any good, and sadly you can't judge that from youtube or a video

etherway I doubt we will find out until his name is on the teamsheet for the under 18's or under 21's

he probhold hundreds if not thousends of trials a season, so chances are he will get one,

its whether he's any good, and sadly you can't judge that from youtube or a video

etherway I doubt we will find out until his name is on the teamsheet for the under 18's or under 21's

This guy is a student and there aren't any videos of him playing. The people that know about him have watched him live. University Varsity standard is pretty good, obviously nowhere near pro, but still fairly high.

I think the posters that are aware of him have seen him play live a few times so have fairly good analysis of his standard.

You're right though, it's just a trial. I'm sure we will look at loads on close season.

Haha! I think this genuinely is the guy - there was a thread on it the other day.

Unbelievably I watched the whole video and he does mention playing for the football team.

I did the same - I believe that is the guy.

So tell us John, did you play against Cardiff in Varsity this year or last?

They're the only Swansea Uni games i've seen

If I was the CPS I'd definitely take it to trial - on numerous charges of greenism, Welshness, chantism, songism, strictly dancism, playing with a ball indoors ffs! , and general first degree t w a t ism.

Guilty verdicts on all charges surely? if there's any justice in this World.

Definitely TRIAL. :)

Archived