IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Sorry, can't agree. We may only sign 2-3 permenant transfers but we'll bring loanees in after that. No way we will risk such a threadbare squad this year.

That wasn't what you said before. We need 4-6 IMO. Some of them may well be loan signings but they are still signings all the same. We 100% need and will be looking to sign a GK, CD, CM, ST and possibly sign another striker, midfielder and maybe a right wing-back.

Last years squad, though small was more than good enough to handle life in the Championship however as already been said, we are down on quality and numbers with no JET, Wade, Tavs, Matt Smith and even Saville. That's a fair few goals and assists missing by 1st Div standards let alone Championship. That's 5 quality players needed and reserve keeper for our small squad to stand still let alone move forward and step up to Championship level. recruitment last season was brilliant so it's hard not to think Cotts and Co don't know what they are doing but time will tell.

1) The club haven't deliberately changed their recruitment strategy. In an ideal world we would have all our business done again early but our circumstances are different this year. I'm pretty sure Cotts has said how last seasons recruitment hardly ever happens. That was a bit of a freak year. Welcome to the real world all of you who expect that to be the norm every summer now.

2) We are a lesser team in the championship. We won't be signing the top players or 'first movers' as I'd like to call them. Our targets will be young, hungry players (and a bit of experience) who have fallen out of favour at their clubs. The nature of that means that you might have to wait for them to become available.

I have no idea if we are in for him but you could use Judge as an example at Brentford. A good player who is out of favour and only back-up. Brentford may be very willing to sell but only when they have signed their targets first which would make Judge surplus to requirements even on the backup front. Now they have sign Josh Mcechrean (sp.) from Chelsea that could kick start a move for Judge. Same could be said for Maguire and Smith although it looks more and more like Smith is very much part of the plans at Fulham.

we aint bringing in 5-6 ............2 or 3 maybe.

We have undoubted team spirit and just have to stay in this div... whatever the cost; with our lot now off to Portugal the clock is ticking and the new season will almost be here on there return.

We will be playing some big boys this season, with some class players.......its going to be tough....imputs required.

Team spirit won't be enough if we get 2/3 injuries.

It's going to be a very tight league, we need signings or we could seriously struggle.

1) The club haven't deliberately changed their recruitment strategy. In an ideal world we would have all our business done again early but our circumstances are different this year. I'm pretty sure Cotts has said how last seasons recruitment hardly ever happens. That was a bit of a freak year. Welcome to the real world all of you who expect that to be the norm every summer now.

2) We are a lesser team in the championship. We won't be signing the top players or 'first movers' as I'd like to call them. Our targets will be young, hungry players (and a bit of experience) who have fallen out of favour at their clubs. The nature of that means that you might have to wait for them to become available.

I have no idea if we are in for him but you could use Judge as an example at Brentford. A good player who is out of favour and only back-up. Brentford may be very willing to sell but only when they have signed their targets first which would make Judge surplus to requirements even on the backup front. Now they have sign Josh Mcechrean (sp.) from Chelsea that could kick start a move for Judge. Same could be said for Maguire and Smith although it looks more and more like Smith is very much part of the plans at Fulham.

The weak part of your argument is that " Young ,hungry players  (and a bit of experience ) " are already being signed up by our competitors. I agree in the main with your post .

What is a little disturbing is the fact that since , more or less, December last year we should have been preparing for this season knowing that barring  a disaster of Gas proportions we would be a Championship club .

It is not beyond the realms of fantasy to imagine an early contact with our targets and to have had at least one or two tied up early in the transfer window. Nearly two weeks in an all we've had are rumours of refusals by clubs and certain players .

I trust that all will be well but you cannot blame people for being a bit concerned . There are echoes of Billy Jones / Craig Dawson here that is a little alarming.

The weak part of your argument is that " Young ,hungry players  (and a bit of experience ) " are already being signed up by our competitors. I agree in the main with your post .

What is a little disturbing is the fact that since , more or less, December last year we should have been preparing for this season knowing that barring  a disaster of Gas proportions we would be a Championship club .

It is not beyond the realms of fantasy to imagine an early contact with our targets and to have had at least one or two tied up early in the transfer window. Nearly two weeks in an all we've had are rumours of refusals by clubs and certain players .

I trust that all will be well but you cannot blame people for being a bit concerned . There are echoes of Billy Jones / Craig Dawson here that is a little alarming.

But regardless of how early we start looking that doesn't make players more available and it doesn't make us a bigger club in this league.

The other weak point to your argument is that I don't actually think too many players that have already joined clubs were in our league. We might have liked the idea of signing them (ala Jed Wallace) but the reality is he went to a bigger club than us. Now that does have similarities to the whole billy Jones situation.

Again, I have no idea if we are in for him but Alan Judge is the type of player we'll be looking at. IMO that is very realistic and the reality is that if he is available that will only just about be happening now or after they sign another midfielder.

But regardless of how early we start looking that doesn't make players more available and it doesn't make us a bigger club in this league.

The other weak point to your argument is that I don't actually think too many players that have already joined clubs were in our league. We might have liked the idea of signing them (ala Jed Wallace) but the reality is he went to a bigger club than us. Now that does have similarities to the whole billy Jones situation.

Again, I have no idea if we are in for him but Alan Judge is the type of player we'll be looking at. IMO that is very realistic and the reality is that if he is available that will only just about be happening now or after they sign another midfielder.

" But regardless of how early we start looking that doesn't make players more available and it doesn't make us a bigger club in this league."

I find it hard to believe that even one  up and coming youngster or an older pro would n't have thought that our club represented a good move for them and they could have gone off on the holidays knowing that a fresh challenge awaited them on their return having signed already.

i think we should have targets that are nearly nailed on to sign and also some more audacious targets who we could gamble on signing or not at the last minute.

the most alarming aspect of our situation is that it seems we aren't waiting to announce players, instead we are trying to get deals done.

This fundamentally means that come August we could be in the same position, alternatively we sign players which aren't on our first/second choice lists, which the club have said they wouldn't do.

The bottom line is, SC will bring in players. 

He wouldn't have sent Osbourne out on loan for the season if he wasn't sure on if he could get in a CB - He HAS to get at least one in.

Agard is injured, he HAS to bring in a striker, probably two due to AW's age, and i'm confident he will - He knows he can't get away with playing Bobby Reid or an academy player.

I think he'll also want to bring in a midfielder, one who can provide back up to Freeman.

I know us fans are passionate about the club in general, and get unnecessarily worried with the lack of action. But, would you be telling someone how to do their job after an almost flawless first 12/18 months? No, you wouldn't.

People need to remember; we're in the championship now, we won't be winning 29 games. The first 11 as it is would be a solid mid table team for the championship. Now lets leave Cotterill to sort out any improvements HE wants and let him bring in the back up HE feels is necessary.

Basically, just let the man do his job! 

He wouldn't have sent Osbourne out on loan for the season if he wasn't sure on if he could get in a CB - He HAS to get at least one in.

Agard is injured, he HAS to bring in a striker, probably two due to AW's age, and i'm confident he will - He knows he can't get away with playing Bobby Reid or an academy player.

I think he'll also want to bring in a midfielder, one who can provide back up to Freeman.

I know us fans are passionate about the club in general, and get unnecessarily worried with the lack of action. But, would you be telling someone how to do their job after an almost flawless first 12/18 months? No, you wouldn't.

People need to remember; we're in the championship now, we won't be winning 29 games. The first 11 as it is would be a solid mid table team for the championship. Now lets leave Cotterill to sort out any improvements HE wants and let him bring in the back up HE feels is necessary.

I think you've got the totally wrong end of the stick.

Fan's aren't slating Cott's, we are as frustrated as he is.

Do people think his tactic is sign players as late as possible? No.

Our worry, and probably his, is that we are currently struggling to sign players, and hoping we haven't got to resort to 4th or 5th choice players just to make up the numbers.

I highly suspect letting JET go may be a big mistake. He may not of been Cott's first choice striker this year, however he may be better than someone we may have to sign to make up the numbers.

Yes there will be movement in other clubs meaning targets may become available, however its slightly concerning that we are short on at least 5 players, possibly 6-7. That's a big group of players to join any club.

Do people think his tactic is sign players as late as possible? No.

Our worry, and probably his, is that we are currently struggling to sign players, and hoping we haven't got to resort to 4th or 5th choice players just to make up the numbers.

I highly suspect letting JET go may be a big mistake. He may not of been Cott's first choice striker this year, however he may be better than someone we may have to sign to make up the numbers.

Yes there will be movement in other clubs meaning targets may become available, however its slightly concerning that we are short on at least 5 players, possibly 6-7. That's a big group of players to join any club.

Recruitment has become harder as a manager since Transfer windows were introduced.

Clubs definitely keep moves closer to their chest so to speak. It's almost like a game of cat and mouse.

A lot of what you read about potential signings and offers, is Agent talk, and a lot of smoke and mirrors by Clubs.

The Club will have a list of potential signings, and will be biding their time as to when they can make an official move.

Better to do that, than panic, bring in numbers for the sake of it, and then find you haven't enough budget for wages.

If the right player becomes available...we will buy, it is only wages that will dictate....Transfer fees as I understand it, don't come into FFP....as in the Championship 'owner injected equity is excluded from Break Even'.

Last season we were lucky in many ways to recruit as early as we did...in a perfect world great....but so many circumstances dictate movement this early....so be patient chaps ;-)

That wasn't what you said before. We need 4-6 IMO. Some of them may well be loan signings but they are still signings all the same. We 100% need and will be looking to sign a GK, CD, CM, ST and possibly sign another striker, midfielder and maybe a right wing-back.

Think you have me confused with another because I agree with what you've just said...but I get the gut feeling it will be more loans now following about 3 proper signings.

The one frustrating aspect is there has been no better time in our history to sign quality players yet we are struggling.

We stormed last season with a small squad, got rave reviews, have good money behind us and a new stadium and are now in the championship. With first team places up for grabs, what more incentive can we offer players?

There is no better time and we are struggling....

I know we will get players in but it shouldn't be as hard as it is proving to be

If the figures in the media quoted about Maguire and Lees? are anywhere near the truth, its clear to me we are setting our sights extremely high in terms of targets.

These types of deals (Players that have futures at their current clubs & the clubs are of higher or similar stature to ourselves) are obviously much harder to get done than if you are for example, taking a key player from Oldham or Stevenage - as we did last season.

3 of my targets have gone to Blackpool, rather interestingly. Brad Potts from Carlisle, Jack Redshaw from Morecombe and Lloyd Jones on loan from Liverpool.

I believe, although no source to this, that Cotts took a look at them and thought they were a tad unfit so they all chose Blackpool because they are known as the 80 minute club; they got a taste of that in their friendly the other day.

Quite right sir.

Have I missed something? Has Cotts said he's frustrated then?

Exactly.. the entire process could be absolutely well on track; I believe nothing, not even the rumours, and do not put 2 and 2 together to try and make 4.

If the figures in the media quoted about Maguire and Lees? are anywhere near the truth, its clear to me we are setting our sights extremely high in terms of targets.

These types of deals (Players that have futures at their current clubs & the clubs are of higher or similar stature to ourselves) are obviously much harder to get done than if you are for example, taking a key player from Oldham or Stevenage - as we did last season.

Precisely. This is an entirely different set of scenarios than League 1; more money, more agents, more need to 'sell' the club amongst others all contributing to a longer negotiation process; I do not doubt for one minute that BCFC have a complete list of targets and negotiations are underway with several positions and several options. That is professional and common sense and what is more apply those two words to keeping it under wraps; I would ignore anything and everything the press writes until it is confirmed on our club web site.

p.s. Stating the darn obvious i hasten to add but many do not seem to want to comprehend that.

Fully agree. Targets will come and go but Cotts will not panic and he will bring in quality 'first team' players. I expect at least 4/5 signings of Championship background with a spend of around 6/7 million. That will give us a squad of around 20 and one which would be capable of competing in every game. Exciting times. 

Bit of a random shout here but Diego Fabbrini wouldn't be a bad addition. Clearly Watford won't be using him this upcoming season seeing as he was loaned out to both Millwall and Birmingham last year (brum fans want him back). Would be decent cover for Freeman, can play RM if we ever need him there and also play behind the striker.

Bit of a random shout here but Diego Fabbrini wouldn't be a bad addition. Clearly Watford won't be using him this upcoming season seeing as he was loaned out to both Millwall and Birmingham last year (brum fans want him back). Would be decent cover for Freeman, can play RM if we ever need him there and also play behind the striker.

I thought for a minute you were saying Diego Forlan.. he would not be a bad bench warmer for us ;)

Have I missed something? Has Cotts said he's frustrated then?

Someone on here said Cott's was very quiet when they spoke to him at the Bath game, and they spoke to Pembo who said "It's frustrating but we will get there" or something along those lines.

I think it's obvious from Cotts silence he's a little frustrated. 

What is clear is we aren't going for too quality League1 players....likes of Dack etc....players you would expect to jump at the chance to join us.

Instead we are going for proven quality, which obviously takes longer....the danger is we don't get the quality and are left with a small squad that in the long term will severely effect our season

This site takes a stab at the total and average market value of Championship squads together with their valuation of players.

City are near the bottom with the least number of players.

Its very subjective and maybe not totally up to date, but its staggering how many players some clubs have - Cardiff have twice the number as us for example..

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jumplist/startseite/wettbewerb/GB2

That site is total nonsense

Someone on here said Cott's was very quiet when they spoke to him at the Bath game, and they spoke to Pembo who said "It's frustrating but we will get there" or something along those lines.

I think it's obvious from Cotts silence he's a little frustrated. 

Know how you feel Cotts.Very disappointing in the transfer market to date.

Archived