IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Alan Nixon has a name "coming in the paper tomorrow" with regards to our striker search. BC supporters page asked him on Twitter with regards to Nahki Wells. He said we were working our way down the list, but not sure Wells is next.

Prepare for the next 50 page mammoth thread.

Interesting to see who, and I know we can do more than one thing at a time, but it is striker after striker, which remains in my mind not our biggest area needing depth at the moment

He put a fair few away for Watford last season & one or two others have mentioned his name as a possibility.

I'd personally rather we got a defender & midfielder in first.

I'm honestly in the belief that we are trying to get those positions covered & it's the agents that have shafted us by going public on our striker offers so that they can line their pockets & make other clubs rush with their offers!!

But if Gray would rather live in & around Burnley then he's clearly an idiot & I'm happy that we've not spent God knows how much on him.

He`s from Wolverhampton, so must be used to shit tips.

Ok... Just woken up in hotel room.

Bride and groom have rather selfishly stipulated that we must join then for breakfast at 10am thus preventing our quick getaway. So I'm going to go and buy the newspaper to see who Nixon has linked us with. Am I right in thinking it's the Sunday people? Does that even exist anymore?

Ok... Just woken up in hotel room.

Bride and groom have rather selfishly stipulated that we must join then for breakfast at 10am thus preventing our quick getaway. So I'm going to go and buy the newspaper to see who Nixon has linked us with. Am I right in thinking it's the Sunday people? Does that even exist anymore?

Is it not the "Sun on Sunday"?

Isn't the whole Vydra fee situation complicated by the fact that the Italians who own Watford also own his previous club (Udinese) as well as Granada in Spain, too?

Effectively all transfers between these three clubs see them paying themselves, so when Watford borrowed something like ten players from the other two teams two years ago (a loophole that is now closed) they were able to get away with what looked to me like dodgy dealings and was at the least, creative accounting..

That's a good point; may very well be some kind of paper shuffling exercise in their part - certainly seems bizarre that they'd sign him between managers, and then have no interest in playing him.

Will be interesting to note if he plays it is in the squad today. Others have said he'd have admirers elsewhere, even if we were keen, but would certainly be a player I'd be very happy if we signed.

Anyone else feel this Nixon chap was ITK re Gayle but now is possibly riding the crest of a wave?

I get the impression this chap will now link us to all possibilities until we sign someone.

Just paid 1.2 million for a toaster and microwave from John Lewis I hear.

Surely we can get better players than John-Lewis from Grimsby?????

Last time I saw SC, he had just bought a new clothes horse for his wife.....on the recommendation from Keith Burt I think. Prior to that it was a cart horse from Brighton!!!!!

Not heard any rumours about Ian Harte but just thought, we were linked with konchesky, so would not surprise me if we went in for Harte considering he is a free agent. Decent back up?

Anyone else feel this Nixon chap was ITK re Gayle but now is possibly riding the crest of a wave?

I get the impression this chap will now link us to all possibilities until we sign someone.

As I mentioned during the Lingard speculation, he's well in with several agents and managers but tends to pull off the odd gem of a scoop, as opposed to being consistently reliable.

Archived