IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

I'd like to see Byrom given more time, not sure Bartlett is ready. But yes 2 quality batsmen would be great. The kiwi's don't have much on next summer, although other than Williamson who would you want from them as an overseas batsman? Guptil? Would take Boult or Southee if we were looking for a T20 bowler. 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'd like to see Byrom given more time, not sure Bartlett is ready. But yes 2 quality batsmen would be great. The kiwi's don't have much on next summer, although other than Williamson who would you want from them as an overseas batsman? Guptil? Would take Boult or Southee if we were looking for a T20 bowler. 

Luke Ronchi is a well liked player down here

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Luke Ronchi is a well liked player down here

Maybe, Davies has just started showing form though. Would you take Ronchi just on his ability with the bat is the question. The saffers aren't up to much, quite a few of them I wouldn't mind seeing over here....

Would be great to get at least one reliable batsman who is available for most if not all of the season for a change. I want to see the younger guys given plenty of games to develop but it would be good to have the option to rotate them rather than piling the pressure on them to get runs every match. We've seen the potential our attack has, so all the focus should be on batting recruitment, regardless of the outcome of this match.

3 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Would be great to get at least one reliable batsman who is available for most if not all of the season for a change. I want to see the younger guys given plenty of games to develop but it would be good to have the option to rotate them rather than piling the pressure on them to get runs every match. We've seen the potential our attack has, so all the focus should be on batting recruitment, regardless of the outcome of this match.

From the Saffers Elgar for the whole season, Faf would be good or imagine if we could persuade one of AB, de Kock or Amla to come over for a season, would be incredible!

22 minutes ago, Midred said:

I just wonder if like football some counties are beginning  to think that they are 'too big' to go down?

I was listening to the cricket on the radio earlier and they mentioned this. Apparently a number of clubs are appealing for the league system to be reviewed so only a single club gets relegated each year. It certainly keeps it interesting having two relegation places and makes the Second Division worthwhile.