IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

51 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I was working in Barnstaple this morning and coming back at lunchtime it really was  muggy and overcast - I think the ball would have been doing a fair amount.  As I went past Taunton (it’s take 4 hours to get home, **** you M5) it was just starting to rain - surprised it poured down so much. Lucky escape but don’t think we deserve to progress out of this group as we’re simply not good enough with the bat. 

Of course the hose on the pitch didn't help !:cool:

• Haha 1

We certainly got away with one there, although whether just 1 point with only our final game away to Hants will suffice remains to be seen - hopefully our positive run rate will enable us to qualify, although I had hoped for a home quarter final.

After our all too frequent, two wickets down for next to nothing start, Peter Treeeego and James Hildreth put on a hundred run partnership, and I was hoping for a score of 350, even 400 if they could stay together and be supported by Matt Renshaw and the all-rounders.

And then I woke up to Somerset reality.

PT was bowled by an innocuous delivery, MR was yorked and JH was run out - his running with Tim Banton would have been comical if it were not so serious - and, in the space of two overs, 145/2 at over 7 an over became 149/5, the three afore-mentioned 'star batsmen' gone and a slump to 211 all out with 10 overs remaining!

And then came the rain, with Glos looking to run away with the match had the heavens not come to our rescue.  

13 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

We certainly got away with one there, although whether just 1 point with only our final game away to Hants will suffice remains to be seen - hopefully our positive run rate will enable us to qualify, although I had hoped for a home quarter final.

After our all too frequent, two wickets down for next to nothing start, Peter Treeeego and James Hildreth put on a hundred run partnership, and I was hoping for a score of 350, even 400 if they could stay together and be supported by Matt Renshaw and the all-rounders.

And then I woke up to Somerset reality.

PT was bowled by an innocuous delivery, MR was yorked and JH was run out - his running with Tim Banton would have been comical if it were not so serious - and, in the space of two overs, 145/2 at over 7 an over became 149/5, the three afore-mentioned 'star batsmen' gone and a slump to 211 all out with 10 overs remaining!

And then came the rain, with Glos looking to run away with the match had the heavens not come to our rescue.  

It won`t be enough I don`t think. The others have two games left v our one for a start. We`d have to beat Hampshire and hope three of Kent, Essex, Middlesex and Gloucs drop at least two points - there are a few games where they`re playing each other too and can`t both lose. Our only hope is for there to be a little pocket of sunshine in the Southampton area on Wednesday with torrential rain over the rest of the country throughout Sunday and Wednesday!