IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

• Admin
9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

How did you get on against Hants ?

Didn't even come a close second - in a funny way it may be a good thing to get a hiding at this stage as I would rather get it out of the way now than in a knock out game

Crazy opening batting AGAIN, and poor running between the wicket cost us yesterday - nobody got a ton to bail us out this week

12 hours ago, hodge said:

Well from what I can see the only former Somerset players who are currently in the IPL are Gayle, Anderson and Pollard...

Interesting he says signed and not played? or am I reading too much into that!

I wandered into the rather smart foyer of the Castle Hotel in Taunton at 9.30 today, to find myself surrounded by young men in Middlesex tracksuits.

That confused me, but I've just worked out they are the second XI.

They do themselves OK don't they? Second XI staying in the Castle - what's wrong with the Travelodge!? 

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 19:31, 22A said:

Amazing 2nd Test in the Caribbean. Today was the 5th day and WI had one wicket left which soon fell leaving Pakistan 187 to win and nearly all day to get them in. The game was over before Tea as Pakistan slumped to 81 all out with five of the team scoring ducks.

Betting?

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

3 wins in a row for Lancs now despite being nearly utterly shafted by Duckworth Lewis today. I know it throws up some odd calculations, but how does an innings curtailed at 132-2 in 21 overs result in a target of 161 in 18?

I presume it takes into account that they had 8 wickets left could have posted a big total if they batted all their overs? Or something alone those lines

Edited by hodge

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

If I knew how to start a poll, I would.

With only two local County Cricket clubs it looks as if otib is split between the mighty Somerset and the average Gloucestershire........

I think you're exaggerating there - we dream of being average :(

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 17:41, Robbored said:

The nature of that result will be thoroughly investigated for sure......

Some of the games in the IPL make me wonder about betting syndicates. In the last week, one game I was watching the score was 127/2. I popped downstairs for a drink, came back to find the score was now 130/7! In another game the team which batted first scored at ten an over. The second side promptly scored at 12 an over to secure a comfortable win. Yesterday one team was 111/0 after 11.5 overs. Their first wicket then went down and it was 154 all out. In another game one side, bear in mind these are T20 games, was all out for 49. Their batting line up featured Dhoni, AP deVilliers and another top batsman. None of the three managed to break into double figures.