IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Couldn't believe yesterday, the rain was heavier at the end of the fifth over, and we were ahead on DL, Glamorgan hit a boundary to go ahead on DL (whilst the rain had eased off) next thing the umpires take the teams off

Speaking as one who's done a fair bit of umpiring, it's the most difficult decision you'll have to make. The rain may have been easing off, but the pitch and outfield were getting wetter, which is a major thing the umpires have to consider.

• Like 1

Apparently Somerset hardly winning a game this season doesn't stop their players being picked for England, first Craig and now Jamie Overton. They both just about squeeze into the averages in the CC but neither of them have any form in T20 cricket which is surely more of a marker than the 4 day game.  

Craig doesn't do T20, Jamie isn't bad. Both are exceptional tallents through.

I read somewhere that Craig Overton can bowl at 90mph. That's pretty damn quick and around the same pace as Wood. Imagine Those two as third and fourth seamers against the Aussies. They'd both be quicker than the opening bowlers Anderson and Broad.

That said as Richie Benaud once said when Devon Malcolm was spraying the ball around "there more to fast bowling than just pace"

• Admin

Will be attending our annual away victory in Bristol.

Remember going in there last year after the game singing city songs some local gas kid got all fiery

No idea of names of stands, as you go in neville Road entrance there is usually a small marquee with a bar in it, usually stand around there. Had a great laugh with Gloucestershire and Somerset fans last season

Did anyone go to the Q & A after play yesterday with Guy Lavender and Matt Maynard?

I was at the day's play but left before the end, so fed up I couldn't be bothered to wait around for it.

Under Brian Rose we behaved like one of the wealthiest best supported counties that we are.

Under this regime, we seem to have gone back to the days when we were the poor cousin of the county cricket scene.

Thinking that giving us Chris Gale for a few matches, good though he was, just doesn't wash with most members. I think we're the second longest standing first division team, the club has all but thrown in the towel as far the championship goes, making half hearted attempts to do well in the T 20 by signing Gale, Anderson and Allenby, ignoring the LV leaving us relegation bound which is such a shame.

• Like 1

The Red Rose march to the Div 2 title continues. We'll probably go straight back down again next year like, but nice to see all the same. If anything our batting lineup this year is stronger than in Div 1 last year, getting Petersen was a good bit of work.

We've got a quick bowler from Zimbabwe called Kyle Jarvis, arrived last year and struggled to even make the 2nds. This term he has 57 FC wickets by the middle of June. He can spray it a bit, and regularly goes at 4 an over, but is bloody rapid.

Will be attending our annual away victory in Bristol.

Remember going in there last year after the game singing city songs some local gas kid got all fiery

No idea of names of stands, as you go in neville Road entrance there is usually a small marquee with a bar in it, usually stand around there. Had a great laugh with Gloucestershire and Somerset fans last season

It's a cricket match, keep the City songs for the football season.

• Admin

Did anyone go to the Q & A after play yesterday with Guy Lavender and Matt Maynard?

I was at the day's play but left before the end, so fed up I couldn't be bothered to wait around for it.

Under Brian Rose we behaved like one of the wealthiest best supported counties that we are.

Under this regime, we seem to have gone back to the days when we were the poor cousin of the county cricket scene.

Thinking that giving us Chris Gale for a few matches, good though he was, just doesn't wash with most members. I think we're the second longest standing first division team, the club has all but thrown in the towel as far the championship goes, making half hearted attempts to do well in the T 20 by signing Gale, Anderson and Allenby, ignoring the LV leaving us relegation bound which is such a shame.

This is absolutely spot on, the Chris Gayle thing has just been a complete farce, and the powers that be at Somerset seem to think his three appearances are papering over the many cracks of the team.

I thought things couldn't get any worse after last season, but things are certainly looking bleak at the moment

• Like 2

This is absolutely spot on, the Chris Gayle thing has just been a complete farce, and the powers that be at Somerset seem to think his three appearances are papering over the many cracks of the team.

I thought things couldn't get any worse after last season, but things are certainly looking bleak at the moment

We'll welcome you back to the basement for 2016 ;)