IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Bugger - that puts the Super Pears bottom of the lot

We are just shockingly bad this year, which doesn't surprise me. Batting line up is terrible, I'm not sure Gidman has scored 100 runs in total as yet, and the 2nd innings fold is becoming law around these parts. Not that I expected us to stay up, but I'd hope for better than getting done by those ******* Bears in two days

So, what has gone on at Somerset to change things so dramatically? Must have missed something, but as you've all alluded to, you are one of the big boys, a well run club (or were), now you're scratching around for your lives

Well technically he did retire from T20 but next game CK got injured. His average last few years is something like 8-9.

Maybe he'd be better coming in at 3-4 when the spinners are on, he can destroy them at times.

Did he? I missed that. I think that if we want him in the T20 team then we have to do something different because it's clearly not working at the moment.

Yep, that's why Thomas took on the captancy (and has retained it) - I think Tres is happy to sit back, but clearly Barrow is shit out of form and we've got no other option. Maybe worth throwing Bates in on Friday, can't be any worse and is vastly better with his glove work.

It would seem that Tres has, indeed, been rested for the T20 games and Bates will be playing tomorrow.

And of course, Chris Gayle will be back for the finals....

My best SCC 11 that I've seen...

1: Banger (capt)

2: G Smith.

3: V Richards.

4: R Ponting.

5: S Waugh.

6: I Botham.

7: J Buttler.

8: M Ahmed.

9: B Close.

10: A Caddick.

11: J Garner.

La La la...

Decent team that.

Only three pace options might be a worry, until you see who the three are! Can't see many teams scoring big against them.

I might make a case for Sunil Gavaskar to open with Tres instead of Smith or even the run machine that was Jimmy Cook, who would have been an international star had it not been for apartheid .

No suprises, he's been awful in T20 for several years now. As I said earlier in the thread, he only returned to playing in it because we had no other keeper option.

Bates is a great keeper, hope he can get a few runs as well.

Who will open??