IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

He's been poor for the last two seasons in T20. He's just not quite got it anymore. However in first class games he's been excellent. Ideally would like him to concentrate on that but no idea who's around to captain the one day/T20 stuff.. Hildy isn't exactly good in T20 either

Thomas was resigned by Perth Scorchers last winter and they won the BBL. He wasn't signed for his batting.....

But...you're right. He hasn't been quite so effective in T20 this summer. He's no spring chicken either so maybe the wear and tear on his body are catching up with him. Fast bowling is a gruelling business. Lots of them retire earlier than Thomas with injuries. Harris the Aussie seamer has just retired with a long standing knee injury.

Jeeesus, just give the Yorkies the title now and everyone else can fight it out for 2nd place downwards.

Am very happy to say that I think Yorkshire will win a few titles with their current team (obviously I'm an exile). Just imagine how well they'll do with all their England players available.

That said, I went to see them for the 3rd day at Taunton this year. Somerset put on 175 in the 1 hour and 45 minutes of the morning session. The Overtons were fantastic and the attack was made to look very ordinary, Adil in particular looked awful.

• Like 1

He wouldn't have come back anyhow - he's having an operation on his back and out for 3-4 months.

Of course, and I tend to suspect this (his possible return for the knock-out stages) was something of a PR attempt by the powers that be in Taunton.

I believe that CG is playing a charity match prior to his operation so, theoretically, might have been able to delay his op, but given he left one match early from his contract (and missed the first scheduled game due to his Indian commitments) I am not sure how keen he was to return in any event.    

looking slightly dodgy after that Hamphsire win, have to make use of that game in hand

Somerset 11 3 5 0 3 0 120

Worcestershire 12 2 8 0 2 0 112

Sussex 12 3 7 0 2 0 110

Hampshire 12 2 5 0 5 0 107

Edited by Super

looking slightly dodgy after that Hamphsire win, have to make use of that game in hand

Somerset 11 3 5 0 3 0 120

Worcestershire 12 2 8 0 2 0 112

Sussex 12 3 7 0 2 0 110

Hampshire 12 2 5 0 5 0 107

Squeeky bum time for a few of us on here looking at that table. Missed Hampshire winning, had written them off

• Like 1

Squeeky bum time for a few of us on here looking at that table. Missed Hampshire winning, had written them off

I think it works better when you look at the whole table

County Championship Division One - Table

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/county-championship-division-one/table

Don't damage your necks looking up at our Yorkie backsides lads!

I think it works better when you look at the whole table

County Championship Division One - Table

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/county-championship-division-one/table

Don't damage your necks looking up at our Yorkie backsides lads!

Ha - I nearly didn't bother reading this when I saw you were the last poster, filling it with your white rose propaganda....! Not a bad season when you realise the players your lot have lost to England. Still, rather you than Middlesex, or, heaven forbid, Warwickshire

Ha - I nearly didn't bother reading this when I saw you were the last poster, filling it with your white rose propaganda....! Not a bad season when you realise the players your lot have lost to England. Still, rather you than Middlesex, or, heaven forbid, Warwickshire

Is the undeniable truth really 'propaganda'?! We haven't been able to field our strongest 11 all season, but actually there's vast experience in the squad- Bresnan, Plunkett, Sidebottom and Rashid with the ball, plus Bairstow/Ballance have been available all season between them, not to mention Maxwell, Williamson and Finch when they've been around. Most exciting are the young lads coming through; Fisher is going to be unbelievable in a couple of years, 17 years old and bowling 85mph+. Rhodes is going to be very good too

Is the undeniable truth really 'propaganda'?! We haven't been able to field our strongest 11 all season, but actually there's vast experience in the squad- Bresnan, Plunkett, Sidebottom and Rashid with the ball, plus Bairstow/Ballance have been available all season between them, not to mention Maxwell, Williamson and Finch when they've been around. Most exciting are the young lads coming through; Fisher is going to be unbelievable in a couple of years, 17 years old and bowling 85mph+. Rhodes is going to be very good too

Is the Rhodes there related to Steven Rhodes, Worcester coach? He's a Yorkie, was wondering that the other day. Of course young Leaning is son of Andy, formerly of this parish

Is the Rhodes there related to Steven Rhodes, Worcester coach? He's a Yorkie, was wondering that the other day. Of course young Leaning is son of Andy, formerly of this parish

I don't think Will Rhodes is related to Steve Rhodes, but I may well be wrong- I didn't realised Jack Leaning was the spawn of Andy Leaning until a couple of months ago!

Fisher isn't bad with the bat either, a genuine modern cricketer. If he keeps developing he'll be scarily good in a couple of years, should be topping 90mph within a couple of seasons hopefully

I don't think Will Rhodes is related to Steve Rhodes, but I may well be wrong- I didn't realised Jack Leaning was the spawn of Andy Leaning until a couple of months ago!

Fisher isn't bad with the bat either, a genuine modern cricketer. If he keeps developing he'll be scarily good in a couple of years, should be topping 90mph within a couple of seasons hopefully

That's good to know - we need a few like that for Aus / SA away

Be nice to see a couple of young uns come through who can just bowl flat out fast