IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

That's good to know - we need a few like that for Aus / SA away

Be nice to see a couple of young uns come through who can just bowl flat out fast

I say that, but obviously as soon as he gets into the England set up they'll 'remodel' his action and helm spend the next 3 years chucking down 80mph pies....
  • Like 2

I say that, but obviously as soon as he gets into the England set up they'll 'remodel' his action and helm spend the next 3 years chucking down 80mph pies....

Yeah, that screwed Finn over with that, hopefully we'll get to see the rewards from here on in though. Jimmy can't have that long left in his legs

• Like 1

Yorkshire just confirmed the signing of David Willey from Northants....the best just got a whole lot better

Such a great signing, especially for the shorter forms of the game where we've been lacking. The only problem will be that he's already on the fringes of the England team, we'll probably have to do without him for most of the season if he improves further!

Such a great signing, especially for the shorter forms of the game where we've been lacking. The only problem will be that he's already on the fringes of the England team, we'll probably have to do without him for most of the season if he improves further!

Don't see Willey as a test match player, but if he's not in ODI and T20 then I'd despair. Great signing

Read that last night Phants, seems like a lucky boy

Don't see Willey as a test match player, but if he's not in ODI and T20 then I'd despair. Great signing

I think he could be in the future- he's a naturally explosive batsmen and Gillespie has worked wonders with the bowlers at Headingley if you thin how Brooks has come on in the last couple of years and how much more focus Plunkett seems to have gained. As things stand though, I agree he's purely a 50 or 20 over player in terms of England consideration

Mind you, I nearly got knocked out from behind when.Klinger hit a big six over long-on, which I watched all the way. Good thing I did, because it came back off the terracing and I just got my head out of the way in time. All those years umpiring weren't wasted  :)

C'mon the Shire!

It'll be annoying for me if we get Yorkshire at Headingley because I'll be away when it's played. On the plus side it's a chance to get some bragging rights over the gf's parents who aren't keen on accepting that we were on track to beat them at Scarborough last month (no doubt they'll win this time though and I'll have to put up with at least a year of ribbing).

• Admin

C'mon the Shire!

It'll be annoying for me if we get Yorkshire at Headingley because I'll be away when it's played. On the plus side it's a chance to get some bragging rights over the gf's parents who aren't keen on accepting that we were on track to beat them at Scarborough last month (no doubt they'll win this time though and I'll have to put up with at least a year of ribbing).

See post above r/e the draw

See post above r/e the draw

He lives in Leeds, he knows what the draw is. Re read his post!

Brilliant by Glos yesterday, deserved too. Fidel cheated twice on boundary calls telling umpire they weren't 4s when they were. Klinger phenomenal, Jack Taylor slogs like a champion!!

Hope we get Essex personally.

He lives in Leeds, he knows what the draw is. Re read his post!

Brilliant by Glos yesterday, deserved too. Fidel cheated twice on boundary calls telling umpire they weren't 4s when they were. Klinger phenomenal, Jack Taylor slogs like a champion!!

Hope we get Essex personally.

I assume you were there, but are you sure: a; that they were both boundaries and b; that Fidel was genuinely aware of same?

Pretty poor show if Yes to both questions.

I assume you were there, but are you sure: a; that they were both boundaries and b; that Fidel was genuinely aware of same?

Pretty poor show if Yes to both questions.

Honestly mate yes the first was a 110% boundary, the bloke had his hands over the boundary scooping it back from the floor, the second a closer call. I have never been to such a hostile cricket game by the way. 2/3 fights nearly broke out between a few Hampshire and Glos fans, was a heated affair off of the pitch. Odd really.

Honestly mate yes the first was a 110% boundary, the bloke had his hands over the boundary scooping it back from the floor, the second a closer call. I have never been to such a hostile cricket game by the way. 2/3 fights nearly broke out between a few Hampshire and Glos fans, was a heated affair off of the pitch. Odd really.

Well it is Gasland.

Were any horses punched?

• Like 1

• Admin

You should visit Taunton when Glamorgan are in town for a T20 !

I have witnessed similar at Taunton, a one-day game against Warwickshire comes to mind - usual story; football fans becoming aggressive in the late afternoon/early evening after too many beers. I also recall a Somerset/Glos game several years ago at Bath that was particularly rowdy, with the Police having to break up fights between City and Rovers fans and ejecting several.

These were all alcohol related, however, and I think Tomarse referred recently to a T20 Glamorgan game at Taunton when the Glamorgan fans were 'allegedly' fuelled by coke - a disappointing descent.

I have just seen Phantom's post, so it may have been him rather than Tomarse who mentioned the Glamorgan game.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE