IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Hales next man to get a try, being honest I don't think he'll succeed on this tour, hasn't excelled at the top of the order for Notts, however I feel he should be kept in the side long enough to have at least 1 home series next summer. Taylor I think will excel and make the #5 spot his own.

1. Cook
  2. Hales
  3. Root
  4. Bell
  5. Taylor
  6. Stokes (Or Wood at 10)
  7. Buttler (however Bairstow will come in if he starts badly I expect)
  8. Ali
  9. Rashid
  10. Broad
  11. Anderson

You HAVE to go 2 spinners this time, the WIndies screw up can't be dome again. 

Yorkies need 304 to win and are 18/2.

I really don't agree with what's been done there. I appreciate Hampshire's need to generate a positive result, but if this was a few weeks ago it would never have happened, so it distorts the competition and is unfair on everyone else- essentially, Hanpshire have gained an advantage through nothing they've done and Somerset, Worcs and Sussex lose out because if it. Tbh, I think Yorkshire should have kept their standards up a little more than they have in the last couple of weeks, though it's understandable that some of that intensity disappears

I really don't agree with what's been done there. I appreciate Hampshire's need to generate a positive result, but if this was a few weeks ago it would never have happened, so it distorts the competition and is unfair on everyone else- essentially, Hanpshire have gained an advantage through nothing they've done and Somerset, Worcs and Sussex lose out because if it. Tbh, I think Yorkshire should have kept their standards up a little more than they have in the last couple of weeks, though it's understandable that some of that intensity disappears

Looks like Sussex aren't interested in trying to force a result otherwise Somerset surely would of declared.

39/3 now Yorkies

Not the first time Hampshire have made a game out of a match despite the weather conditions. They did it vs Glos in 2013 http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/593566.html - different circumstances perhaps but some consistent names between then and now.

I'm sure Hampshire aren't the only team to have ever done this. Tbh, I'm more disappointed in us for agreeing- we should have said "hang on, if you want all the points take the 16 wickets you need to". Of course, Gale and Leaning may both make centuries and win the game...

Yorkshire not giving a toss just like Lancs didn't in 2010 when 10/3 handed Notts the title. 

I was having a watch on my lunch break and Gale and Leaning are batting well. It's not over yet and it would serve Hamps right if they lost. I agree though that we shouldn't have agreed to the declaration in the first place