IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Super said:

Never heard of Tymal Mills who was bowling 93mph last night. He's pretty lively!

By the way the Sky guys were talking it sounds like he plays a handful of games then spends weeks recovering from an injury.

ANOTHER bad day at the T20 office last night, luckily a few wins and you could qualify

4 hours ago, Tomarse said:

I laughed when Gayle was out, such is my distaste for the clubs deluded stance of putting all eggs in one basket. It's clear from last two gameswe haven't got a scoobie how to bowl in T20

I am not sure I agree totally with the 'all eggs in one basket' argument - they did sign Jayawardene after all, but I do think they should have considered, probably given preference to a top class bowler, given that the batting is not too bad in the one day (50 or 20 overs) format.

Chris Gayle, however, (and I grimaced/winced, rather than laughed, when he was out - to a cracking ball, it must be said) does sell tickets, and I don't think we are in any doubt as to the why he was signed: to be fair, and despite all the negative comments yesterday, when he plays a good innings he is something else and well worth the entrance fee for that alone.

45 minutes ago, kivsy said:

i would like to see a decent keeper, one who could bat too, scince jos left, and then kieswetters injury, the guy i thinkw we got from hampshires 2s

By all accounts, he (Ryan Davies) is an excellent keeper and, potentially, a good batsman.

Given his lack of experience, he is probably batting too high in the order at present, but all the talk from Taunton is that he will come good (eventually).

• Admin
51 minutes ago, kivsy said:

i would like to see a decent keeper, one who could bat too, scince jos left, and then kieswetters injury, the guy i thinkw we got from hampshires 2s

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

By all accounts, he (Ryan Davies) is an excellent keeper and, potentially, a good batsman.

Given his lack of experience, he is probably batting too high in the order at present, but all the talk from Taunton is that he will come good (eventually).

Can only echo what @PHILINFRANCE said above, he does come highly rated

Probably part of the problem now is that we were massively spoilt by having both Jos and Craig at the club, and were over achieving in the WK scoring stakes

Davies has done ok in the LVCC games so far, we'll see this weekend how he fairs in the shorter format

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Nope. I`d sooner pay Jaya to get 75 every game and use what`s left for a decent bowler.

Yes, a difficult one.

I mentioned during/after the Sussex match that a top class bowler would have been a good idea, but one can't overlook that, just like a goalscorer in football, a batsman like CG puts bums on seats.

Good win for Somerset, strange they didn't give Waller his last over, good effort by Gregory with both bat and ball. However they need to sort out the leaving the ground, worse than getting out of Ashton Gate, infront of the Ondaatje pavilion they try to have two walkways one for each direction, people just ignored it and you had people walking each way in both sections.