3 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

This is beginning to look easy. Gloucestershire la la la!! :clapping:

3 hours ago, kivsy said:

gloucestershire, la la la,

3 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Gloucestershire la la la :clapping:

Boom boom boom everybody say WAYO....WAYO

• Like 1

Still cannot get my head around how we ended up losing this one! Jamie Overton and Gronewald looked as composed as any 2 batsman I'd seen all day. Never even gave us a sniff of a chance other than that run out. Fair play and a lot of respect to those lads for standing up and seeing their team home. 

Was sat in the Somerset Stand, and there was some sort of mini-exodus as soon as the 9th wicket fell down! Like the Dolman early leavers! I bet they wish they had stayed now once they got home and saw the result. Unbelievable finish to a great contest, both sides putting on a great show for the Sky camera's. Gutted we lost, but this is a group match with little riding on it but some local pride.

We have a proven track record on the big stage when trophy's are on the line, unlike the perennial chokers that are Somerset!  

• Like 2

• Admin
11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Special mention to all the cocky Glos fans celebrating their 'win' from 35 overs onwards - what a bunch of ******* you looked at the end! All left very quietly...

Stand up if you're going to Lords - Ha Ha Ha Ha !!

21 minutes ago, Kezman said:

Still cannot get my head around how we ended up losing this one! Jamie Overton and Gronewald looked as composed as any 2 batsman I'd seen all day. Never even gave us a sniff of a chance other than that run out. Fair play and a lot of respect to those lads for standing up and seeing their team home. 

Was sat in the Somerset Stand, and there was some sort of mini-exodus as soon as the 9th wicket fell down! Like the Dolman early leavers! I bet they wish they had stayed now once they got home and saw the result. Unbelievable finish to a great contest, both sides putting on a great show for the Sky camera's. Gutted we lost, but this is a group match with little riding on it but some local pride.

We have a proven track record on the big stage when trophy's are on the line, unlike the perennial chokers that are Somerset!  

There was only one team that choked yesterday and that certainly wasn't Somerset - amazing to say nothing riding on it, thats points won / lost clearly something was at stake

Glos fans always remind me of Rovers fans - always piping up about this and that, but clearly always in our shadow

Seriously though - agree about it being a great game to watch. Over 500 runs - 19 wickets and a match down to the last over.

I've no idea what Gareth Roderick was doing on the run out - that was as easy as you like

Was impressed with Chris Dent's innings - but 260 should have been much easier to chase down.

A combination of village cricket batting and decent bowling when we went from 166-3 to 198-9, but for the second time in a week it was left to our bowlers to get our batsman out of jail

All in all, a great advert for West country cricket

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kezman said:

Was sat in the Somerset Stand, and there was some sort of mini-exodus as soon as the 9th wicket fell down! Like the Dolman early leavers! I bet they wish they had stayed now once they got home and saw the result.

One of those early leavers was Jack Leach's Dad who was sat by us! Thought he'd have known better after what happened last week...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

There was only one team that choked yesterday and that certainly wasn't Somerset - amazing to say nothing riding on it, thats points won / lost clearly something was at stake.

Its a 9 team group where 4 qualify for the Quarter finals. Yeah there were points on the line, but I'd back Glos to qualify out the group. The point I was trying to make was that it's not a knockout just as yet, there's still plenty of opportunities to pick up the points required to qualify. 

37 minutes ago, phantom said:

Glos fans always remind me of Rovers fans - always piping up about this and that, but clearly always in our shadow.

Hahahaha, that's a cheeky comment! I don't think we're as delusional as the Rovers mob.

For one of the smaller county sides on a tight budget, I feel we've always punched above our weight. We've finally developed a group of promising young players, which Somerset haven't managed to poach any of yet! This group have had a taste of success already last season and hopefully that leads to bigger and better things. We're competing strongly in all 3 formats now and looking forward to the rest of the summer and seeing where it takes us. 

Its good to see Somerset bring through some youngsters of their own. Very impressed with the Overton brothers, Lewis Gregory and know that big things are expected from Tom Abell who is still coming through. I do think West Country cricket is looking quite strong. 

• Like 4