IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

There's only one team in Bristol! 

One Team in Bristollllllllllllllllll! Still buzzing over that win last night, what a game and an absolute quality atmosphere! Wish the County Ground was rocking like that every T20 game. 

That last over win makes up for the disappointment of losing the one dayer in Taunton the other week, another game we really should have won.

Rodders and Tye did a great job at the end seeing us home. Tye is a good all round player, his death bowling is quality and he can hit a ball. Running out of superlatives for Michael Klinger. 3 games this week, he's been Man of the Match in every one! Such a pleasure to watch, classy on the eye and has the brain to pace every inns he plays. Nothing phases the man at all! 

Australia selectors all need to take a long hard look at themselves. The man's record in Australia and in England for the last 3 seasons has been nothing short of immense. How he has not even picked up one Aussie cap is a crime! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kezman said:

There's only one team in Bristol! 

One Team in Bristollllllllllllllllll! Still buzzing over that win last night, what a game and an absolute quality atmosphere! Wish the County Ground was rocking like that every T20 game. 

That last over win makes up for the disappointment of losing the one dayer in Taunton the other week, another game we really should have won.

Rodders and Tye did a great job at the end seeing us home. Tye is a good all round player, his death bowling is quality and he can hit a ball. Running out of superlatives for Michael Klinger. 3 games this week, he's been Man of the Match in every one! Such a pleasure to watch, classy on the eye and has the brain to pace every inns he plays. Nothing phases the man at all! 

Australia selectors all need to take a long hard look at themselves. The man's record in Australia and in England for the last 3 seasons has been nothing short of immense. How he has not even picked up one Aussie cap is a crime! 

Great night (apart from the result) fantastic atmosphere, and considering the game did'nt look like going ahead at 6, it was a good effort from the ground staff.

• Like 2

On 18 June 2016 at 16:23, harrys said:

I get the impression you are a young whippersnapper Fordy so this would of been when you were a young pup, is that pub still there?

Im sure the pub that I would have frequented as a youngster (after having played cricket for Uley) was called the Kings head (on the right hand side just before the big hill that heads up to nympsfield. 

• Admin
15 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Waller and Jamie O four wickets each which begs two questions;

Why didn`t Waller play v Glos?

Why did Arafat bowl the last over and not Jamie?

Firmly believe we would have beaten them if both had happened.

It's because Maynard has some strange obsession with rotating the bowlers and resting at least one every game

Arafat not in the team yesterday made a massive difference - Hants were a really poor T20 side

41 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Im sure the pub that I would have frequented as a youngster (after having played cricket for Uley) was called the Kings head (on the right hand side just before the big hill that heads up to nympsfield. 

Don't think it was called the Kings Head, the Crown?

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Kings Head was towards the Dursley end of Uley, just before the corner where the road narrows before the brewery. It closed down quite a few years ago now.

On my one appearance for Uley cricket club (out for a golden duck) we definitely went to the Crown afterwards.

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

The Old Crown.....I've never heard of this either mate. How long ago are we talking!?

The old crown, that's it, about 15 years ago when I was working in Uley, apparently all the shenanigans was in one of the Sunday tabloids, the landlord was very talkative after a few ciders!! 

1 hour ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Kings Head was towards the Dursley end of Uley, just before the corner where the road narrows before the brewery. It closed down quite a few years ago now.

On my one appearance for Uley cricket club (out for a golden duck) we definitely went to the Crown afterwards.

Was always The Crown after a game at Uley. I think it's my lucky away ground, always scored runs there for some reason. I'd love to know my overall batting average vs playing at Uley!

16 minutes ago, harrys said:

The old crown, that's it, about 15 years ago when I was working in Uley, apparently all the shenanigans was in one of the Sunday tabloids, the landlord was very talkative after a few ciders!! 

I'll look into that mate, now you've mentioned tabloids it does ring a bell. I know the current landlord, might pop in for a pint, see if he's rekindled the 'local' feeling....!

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Was always The Crown after a game at Uley. I think it's my lucky away ground, always scored runs there for some reason. I'd love to know my overall batting average vs playing at Uley!

I'll look into that mate, now you've mentioned tabloids it does ring a bell. I know the current landlord, might pop in for a pint, see if he's rekindled the 'local' feeling....!

You seem very keen Woodsy!!