IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

• Admin
14 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It was, but unfortunately (as was to be expected with such a foolhardy declaration), Middlesex won it in the last over.

Excellent for the spectators though.

Really can't believe we threw it away like that in those last three overs :facepalm:

Back to the T20 circus tomorrow, oh well at least that's the last home game for another season

One consolation of this season's 20/20 débacle, however, is that Somerset may well decide that next season, instead of spending £MS on getting a certain CG to play a few hours of slap and tickle, it might be better to invest in getting a few strong batsmen and bowlers in for the proper game.

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

One consolation of this season's 20/20 débacle, however, is that Somerset may well decide that next season, instead of spending £MS on getting a certain CG to play a few hours of slap and tickle, it might be better to invest in getting a few strong batsmen and bowlers in for the proper game.

Bloody hope so. They need to realise that a successful T20 side will fill the ground as well as one superstar will and that success rubs off on the other forms.

• Like 1

Absolutely unbelievable scenes in Cheltenham where Glos have managed to defend their lead of 213 against Essex, bowling them out for 151 to record another sensational win against the top of the table side. 

We've moved up to third in the Division 2 table, with a game in hand over Essex and Worcs who are first and second. 11 pts behind Essex, and only 4 behind Worcs. We are well and truly in this promotion battle.Its such a bugger that the ECB have screwed Division 2 over this year only having one team promoting, but i'm quietly confident we can get there. We're on a bit of a roll in all formats so just got to keep carrying this momentum.

• Like 6

On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 15:20, Kezman said:

Absolutely unbelievable scenes in Cheltenham where Glos have managed to defend their lead of 213 against Essex, bowling them out for 151 to record another sensational win against the top of the table side. 

We've moved up to third in the Division 2 table, with a game in hand over Essex and Worcs who are first and second. 11 pts behind Essex, and only 4 behind Worcs. We are well and truly in this promotion battle.Its such a bugger that the ECB have screwed Division 2 over this year only having one team promoting, but i'm quietly confident we can get there. We're on a bit of a roll in all formats so just got to keep carrying this momentum.

Well finish second - trust me :facepalm:

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Unfortunately, you are correct.

I have never understood why the England selectors, given the tragic circumstances of MTs illness, could not have made an exception and picked him for home games only. 

I find these posts - from a dead poster - in the worst taste.

We liked PHILINFRANCE whilst he was alive, so as a mark of respect, can someone turn off his automated post generator?

Where, FFS, is Tomarse??

:sad26:

Uncle TFR

• Admin
16 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

3 x 50 over games to come at home next week. 

Can they really go into these games without Tres'? The bloke is seeing it like a football at the moment. Remember, this is someone who's scored 12 centuries for England in this format.

Sadly he's not registered to play in them, but agree whole heartedly he has to play

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Sadly he's not registered to play in them, but agree whole heartedly he has to play

Didn't realise he wasn't even registered. At least Adam Hose looks in form for the seconds, though wether that carries through to the firsts remains to be seen.

Anyway, looking forward to 3 days good cricket.

4 hours ago, Tomarse said:

I kinda think Tres' form is because he's focused on the red ball stuff. Long may it continue.. Even if we could still use him in 50 over stuff. 

Yes he certainly struggled in recent years flitting between T20 one day 4 day cricket the next.

if we'd had a bit of luck earlier in the season with the weather, although we may have lost one of the opening games, we could have won 3 more, putting right in the title race. Then I'd be saying throw everything at winning that elusive title.

• Like 1