IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

For those who only go to 50 or 20 over matches, you're missing out on some great cricket. Another excellent day's play at Taunton, it really is a great day out and today were treated to a few unexpected things to see.

Mark Wood- returning from injury and one of the fastest bowlers I've seen for a while, off a strange, short but explosive run up, he caused problems from ball one. England will be pleased.

Amazingly not a single extra in Somerset's innings and it was well into Durham's innings before we had our first of the day, two leg byes, only 3 for the whole day.

17 wickets in the day, not something you see often at Taunton.

If you thought bowlers dominated, there were 4 huge sixes, which is unusual on day one. Plus we had an all run 4, at our tiny ground! 

Gorgeous sunshine, lush carvery, Thatchers Haze......oh and as this is a Bristol City forum, they managed to completely mess up the ticketing for the quarter final, is it just my teams this happens to? 

• Like 1

Another absolute thriller, that's 3 on the trot, Middlesex (lost) Notts and Durham won. There's nothing wrong with this format of cricket, I absolutely love it.

Second for now and enough games left to push for that elusive and much deserved title.

Cant believe Durham didn't go for it last night and ask for the extra half hour, it was always going to be nerve wracking this morning. 

• Admin
18 hours ago, Super said:

I notice we are now 2nd in the table. Could we win it? Only 13 points behind Middlesex ( I know the 2 teams behind have a game in hand)

Certainly no reason not to have a real go at it now - the shame is there were 2/3 games we could have won on top of what we have.

On Tuesday, August 09, 2016 at 17:40, New Dazzler said:

Changing the subject to proper cricket:whistle:, I have got my ticket for Glos v Durham in tomorrow night's T20 quarter final.  Should be a decent match, shame that if Glos get to finals day, it coincides with Villa at home:grr:

Well, I think that's sorted for you :whistle2: