IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

• Admin
2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think me and my mates have been notable by our absence on this thread (a little akin to the slags on here circa 2014). 

However, with such a young & small budget squad I'm gonna put this season down as a success. 

Shame how the season has flitted away, but like you say with what the club worked with it could have been a lot worse

• Admin

A few weeks back I was lambasting Glos for their over the top ticket prices compared to Glamorgan - think I will retract all that now . . . 

Below may be of interest to some?

Further to the announcement that the Cooper Associates County Ground will host its first International match next summer, please find some important information regarding the ticketing process below.

Seating will be sold on an allocated basis as follows:

Adults Juniors (U16’s) Stands
Category A £80 N/A Somerset Pavilion Elevated
Category B £70 £20 Marcus Trescothick Stand, Sir Ian Botham Stand, Somerset Pavilion Lower, Colin Atkinson Pavilion Lower
Category C £60 £20 Somerset Stand, Ondaatje Stand Adults with Juniors, Ondaatje Stand Non-Alcohol Stand and all Temporary Stands
Category D £40 £15 Restricted Views in all Stands

Additional administration charges on the overall transaction will also be applied:

Online In Person & Postal Telephone
Standard Delivery (first class) £1.50 £2.50 £3.50
Recorded Delivery (tracked) £3.00 £4.00 £5.00

The tickets for this fixture will go on sale in two phases:

1)      Priority Access to 2016 Somerset County Cricket Club

2)      General Ballot for Non Members and England Cricket TwelfthMan Members

Priority Window: Somerset County Cricket Club 2016 Platinum Plus & Platinum Members

2016 Box Holders, 1875 Club, Long Room, Platinum Plus & Platinum Members will be able to purchase up to two tickets per Membership card. The priority window will open at 9:00 on Monday 26th September and will close at 23:59 on Sunday 9th October. After this date, Members will be entered into the General Ballot (details below).

How to Purchase:

• In Person: Visit the Reception in the Andrew Caddick Pavilion (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
  • By Telephone: Call 0333 358 3464 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
  • Online: If the Club holds a valid email address for you, you will receive an email communication containing a unique link to purchase. If you have previously opted out from Club communications, you will not receive this.
  • Post: Application Forms will be available to collect or download and return to the Club either in person or through the post.

General Ballot: Championship Members, Non-Members & England Cricket TwelfthMan Members

The General Ballot will open from 9:00 on Monday 10th October with up to four tickets allowed per transaction. Please note you will require a valid email address. The Ballot will close at 23:59 on Sunday 6th November with the draw being made the following week.

England Cricket TwelfthMan Members will have a higher chance of acquiring tickets by having access to a set allocation of tickets within the General Ballot. They will need to enter a promo code when entering the ballot. This promo code will be supplied in a TwelfthMan email prior to the ballot opening. The closing date for this is 23:59 on Sunday 30th October with unsuccessful entrants automatically being added into the General Ballot which closes a week later.

How to Enter the Ballot:

• In Person: Visit the Reception in the Andrew Caddick Pavilion (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
  • By Telephone: Call 0333 358 3464 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
  • Online by visiting www.somersetcountycc.co.uk/International/
  • Post: Application Forms will be available to collect or download and return to the Club either in person or through the post.

What Happens Next?

Once the Ballot closes, the draw will be made the following week and the Club will email to let you know if you have been successful and how to purchase your tickets. Tickets will be posted a maximum of eight weeks prior to the match date.

If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact the main office on 0845 337 1875 (Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm).

Terms & Conditions

• All tickets will be sold on a non-refundable, non-transferable basis.
  • All tickets will be for an allocated seat within the ground which you must use on the match day.
  • Junior tickets are classified as Under 16’s.
  • Eligible Somerset CCC 2016 Members will be able to purchase up to two tickets per Membership Card. For Junior Members, the tickets will be limited to one adult and one junior per membership card.
  • Once the priority window ends, Members will need to enter the General Ballot.
  • Supporters who enter the Ballot must have a valid email address and can apply for up to four tickets per transaction. You may only enter the ballot once under your email address.
  • The TwelfthMan Ballot will have a number of tickets from which the Ballot is automatically drawn. Unsuccessful applicants will be entered into the General Ballot which will be drawn a week later.
  • The Ballot will be automatically drawn with the successful entrants generated via the electronic system.
  • Successful entrants will receive a unique email link which will allow them to purchase their allocation of tickets within an allotted time slot. After this time, the link will expire and your allocation of tickets lost.
  • In order to receive emails, supporters need to ensure they are fully subscribed to our systems and that enquiries@somersetcountycc.co.uk is saved within their address book.
  • Somerset County Cricket Club cannot be held responsible for missed communications during this process. Tickets will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
  • Please note that tickets will not be sent out a maximum of eight weeks prior to the match date.

Read more at http://www.somersetcountycc.co.uk/2016/08/england-v-south-africa-friday-23rd-june-2017-important-ticket-information/#yVrbDdDVDb3FTbeR.99

16 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Frustrating last hour or so. Hope we have a smash for half an hour in morning and let Criag and Rudolf get tons. 6-7 overs, lead of 250 get at em I say 

I note you have just suggested a declaration.

I would suggest a continued thrash for another 5 overs or so and then declare - a quick 50 or so runs will be easier now than at the end of the day, if necessary.

My post crossed with yours - I was referring to your CRICINFO post.

They have now declared, though 587/8 leaving Hants 249 runs to avoid defeat - still 90 overs left.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

7 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think me and my mates have been notable by our absence on this thread (a little akin to the slags on here circa 2014). 

However, with such a young & small budget squad I'm gonna put this season down as a success. 

After winning a trophy last season it does feel a bit flat seeing the season end with nothing but I'd say there's been some progress made. Up until the Durham game they did really well in the T20 and really should have made the finals day. They've also kept their Championship season alive a lot longer this time. If there was more than one promotion spot on offer they'd still be in with a shout.

1 minute ago, BCFC_Dan said:

After winning a trophy last season it does feel a bit flat seeing the season end with nothing but I'd say there's been some progress made. Up until the Durham game they did really well in the T20 and really should have made the finals day. They've also kept their Championship season alive a lot longer this time. If there was more than one promotion spot on offer they'd still be in with a shout.

Yeh but the authorities are happy with it being an essentially closed league. 

In different news, I find myself at a service station off the M1 just south of Leeds. It's cold up north ain't it?

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

In different news, I find myself at a service station off the M1 just south of Leeds. It's cold up north ain't it?

By northern standards today is a pretty nice day.

However if you're at a service station just south of Leeds then I imagine you're probably near Barnsley and hence subject to the freezing waves of bitterness that emanate from Oakwell.

22 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Gillespie leaving Yorks at season end. Maybe realised he's won pretty much it all at Yorks or off to take over the Aus job?

I shouldn`t be surprised. He seems a bloke who likes a challenge and that can`t be there at Yorkshire any more. The Aussies are in transition right now so the perfect time to take over I reckon.