IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Just now, MichaelRobartes said:

138 all out. Looks like Tahir had some fun at the end there. This means that we will get 23 points if we go on to win.

Pretty much means as long as we win a Yorkshire win (long shot) or draw means we are champions.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

Really need bresnan and hodd to see out tonight, especially no collapse like us last night 

I'm not sure you do. Yorkshire are bobbing along at 3 and a half an over. They can still get to 350 at this rate if they don't lose wickets. Unlikely I know, but if they do that they can still finish ahead of Somerset and win the thing.

Never underestimate the bloodymindedness of any Yorkshireman!

6 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I'm not sure you do. Yorkshire are bobbing along at 3 and a half an over. They can still get to 350 at this rate if they don't lose wickets. Unlikely I know, but if they do that they can still finish ahead of Somerset and win the thing.

Never underestimate the bloodymindedness of any Yorkshireman!

It is quite difficult to know what we want here, obviously don't want them making 350 though! We kind of want them to bat well but not too well!

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Yorkshire out for 300ish would do me. That means they couldn't win it if we were looking good. Less chance of a contrived result. I fear heartbreak if they scrape 350 and turn it into a one innings shootout 

yes 349 would do me!

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Only day two and the emotions gone up and down all day. Still slightly worried Yorks might sneak to 350 but new ball and a refreshed Toby Roland Jones will hopefully see them off for about 300. Not sure where that game goes. Averaging about 230 runs a day. Can only forsee Middlesex offering Yorks about 250-300 off 80 on last day maybe? Tense 

Am I right in thinking that - should we win - Yorkshire can't overhaul us unless they make 350 in the next 41 overs? So if Yorkshire make 349 or less, skittle Middlesex and go on to win then we're in?

• Admin

From the BBC:

With most of the bonus points sorted out now, at least we know what needs to happen for all three sides in the title hunt.

If Somerset win, which they are likely to do against Notts, they will be champions if it's a draw between Middlesex and Yorkshire at Lord's.

The trophy is also heading to the West Country if Yorkshire beat Middlesex but score less than 350 in their first innings.

If Yorkshire score more than 350 inside 110 overs and then beat Middlesex - Yorkshire win their third straight title.

If Middlesex win full stop, they are champions.