IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Any speculation as to who the 8 teams will be? I'm thinking Bristol, surely, but Taunton probably not?

Bristol, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Cardiff, Brighton perhaps?

No north-east representative in that case though. 

Edit: Just read an article suggesting broadly a north west team, Yorkshire/north-east team, Birmingham, Nottingham, North London, South London, West-Country (that's us, folks!) and a 'South' team i.e. Hampshire, Sussex, Kent.

Edited by Robin101

• Admin
On 3/23/2017 at 07:10, 22A said:

One of the stands at Headingley needs replacing. Leeds City Council was going to donate £4 million, but cannot now afford to do so. If the money cannot be found elsewhere, Headingley will not be able to host any games in the 2019 world cup.

They have just posted debts of £15m and the new stand will add another £25m to their losses !!

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

It would make sense.

Not sure if the appetite is there for it to be worthwhile, given people are pretty loyal to their county sides.

NEVER going to happen - things like this are much bigger than Bristol Sport 

Somerset / Glos / Glamorgan are likely to be merged for this region - won't have any connection to Bristol sport

• Admin
1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Any speculation as to who the 8 teams will be? I'm thinking Bristol, surely, but Taunton probably not?

Bristol, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Cardiff, Brighton perhaps?

Edit: Just read an article suggesting broadly a north west team, Yorkshire/north-east team, Birmingham, Nottingham, North London, South London, West-Country (that's us, folks!) and a 'South' team i.e. Hampshire, Sussex, Kent.

North London

South London

West (Cardiff, Bristol, and possibly Taunton)

Red Rose (Old Trafford)

White Rose (Headingley)

Birmingham

Trent Bridge

South (Ageas Bowl)

4 hours ago, Robin101 said:

London - Oval

Leeds

Manchester

Birmingham

Nottingham

Cardiff 

Southampton

Durham

Final then played at Lords

They can piss around with T20 as much as they want, but the weather rules the game here

Who wants to sit there in the freezing cold and rain to see if there's a chance of watching a ball being bowled? Unless we have a belting summer (please God!) then it's a complete waste of time

• Like 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So one of Bristol, Cardiff or Taunton?  Would've thought Taunton has no chance sadly

The original plan is to share between the three, there is a meeting at Somerset tomorrow night with more information, hopefully that'll be cascaded to those of us who can't get there

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 17:24, 22A said:

OK, update on today's meeting. Eight teams each with a squad of fifteen players. There will be 36 games spread over 38 days. The ECB will meet tomorrow and at least 31 of the 41 members must agree to changing the constitution as it will then cease being 18 Counties.

It was a unanimous YES to the change.