IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

37 minutes ago, john shaw number 1 said:

Still got a horrible feeling the ecb/mcc will find a way to keep Middlesex in div 1

Can`t see it myself - the rest of cricket will just see it as the ECB favouring their pet sides and giving in to Strauss`s whining. Every other county (bar the tossers from Surrey) will detest them for it.

Just suck it up Middlesex - you weren`t good enough when it mattered. You really are the Bristol R*vers of County Cricket, always the victims.

Edited by Red Right Hand
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

The worst pitch he's ever seen.. except for this one he played in, right?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket-england-17-3-pitch-stops-play-match-abandoned-1141794.html 

Gus clearly isn't one to let facts get in the way of him acting the tool. I suppose it's our fault for having better spinners then them though, we should have told Leach and Bess to tog out for them whilst we were batting. Would have been good sportsmanship to let Hildreth bat for them as well. 

17 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Seems like a very poor show from Somerset, deliberately produce a pitch with excessive spin and bowl spinners 95% of the time.

Looks similar to this, which whilst not against the rules, is unsportsmanlike in the extreme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/41074513

You're comparing peas and oranges there.

23 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Oh but there deceleration to win the title last year was ok though?  Bollocks to Gus and Middlsex. They themselves suddenly had an absolute belter at Lords last week which was completely out of the ordinary.. yet nobody batted an eyelid.  Given Somerset produced the highest first innings score on Day 1 in this round of fixtures and Hildreth scored a ton in the second innings I'd suggest that Middlsesex just batted like they have all season. i.e. craply. 

These are the stand outs, if our pitch was so poor will everyone else get points deductions too... We scored something like 200 more runs than Middlesex over 2 innings, we showed you can bat on it.