IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It would be a delicious irony, would it not, if Middlesex were to be granted an appeal against their 2 point deduction, only for the ECB to agree that their initial penalty was too harsh and that this should be reduced to a 1 point penalty only.

I bet that`s what they`d do if it was us appealing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

'The crossbow incident at The Oval meant Middlesex were denied the chance to improve their over-rate in the remainder of the final session'

THEY WERE ******* BATTING! HOW THE **** DO YOU IMPROVE YOUR OVER RATE WHILE BATTING!

Apologies for the caps :shutup:

I mentioned this to a Middlesex mate of mine and he came back with we were 7 down and likely to bowl again. I replied that they had a batsman set on 120 odd and an opener still at the crease. He changed the subject.

No leg to stand on

from cricinfo

"Although they were batting at the time, they state they intended to declare within a few overs and had ample time to bowl the overs required with the weather set fair. They also claim that they were assured by match officials, at the time of the abandonment, they would face no such penalty".

11 minutes ago, Super said:

from cricinfo

"Although they were batting at the time, they state they intended to declare within a few overs and had ample time to bowl the overs required with the weather set fair. They also claim that they were assured by match officials, at the time of the abandonment, they would face no such penalty".

Ridiculous. If the points scenario was different going into the final games, Somerset could have approach matches differently to obtain more batting or bowling points. It's getting a little ridiculous. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Ridiculous. If the points scenario was different going into the final games, Somerset could have approach matches differently to obtain more batting or bowling points. It's getting a little ridiculous. 

Would think this will be Somerset's case if ECB even seriously consider the appeal

41 minutes ago, Super said:

from cricinfo

I just had a quick look on Cricinfo, looking for a second opinion following the BBC article, but the latest Somerset-related article I could find was about the return of Andy Hurry and Jason Kerr - the most recent article about Middlesex appealing was George Dobell's on 29 September.   

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I just had a quick look on Cricinfo, looking for a second opinion following the BBC article, but the latest Somerset-related article I could find was about the return of Andy Hurry and Jason Kerr - the most recent article about Middlesex appealing was George Dobell's on 29 September.   

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20987479/middlesex-appeal-heard-says-ecb

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Coppello said:

24 minutes ago, hodge said:

Would think this will be Somerset's case if ECB even seriously consider the appeal

Exactly.

Just one extra point would have sufficed to avoid this scenario and Somerset were 14 runs short of that extra batting point vs Middlesex.

Notwithstanding the fact we are talking about Middlesex, would the ECB not accept that, had we known at the time just how important that extra batting point was to prove, a little bit more effort might have been applied to bat for those extra 14 runs?