IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Bess doesn't normally play in the one day games, Max Waller being preferred for his fielding if nothing else.

Wednesday's team selection will be interesting.

I presume he gets released from duty now the test has finished - he is booked by England until Tuesday night but I don`t know what happens when a test finishes early, are they supposed to stay together and train or something?

• Admin
19 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Dominic Bess has been released by England to play for Somerset in the Sky televised match against Hants on Wednesday, but I doubt he will be selected.

Surely he won't be near playing for England until the next test match on 1st August?

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Dunno he’s probably on a massive high and Waller hasn’t really hit his usual levels yet - if Hants do their usual shit slow pitch routine he might be an option 

Interestingly, both are excellent fielders: if only one of them could improve their bowling, both giving away too many boundaries for the one day game.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

At Taunton yes not so sure away though.

Quick look back, Bess didn't play the away game earlier this season, however back end of last season they both played every away game so was Bess injured for the game earlier this season perhaps.

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:14, PHILINFRANCE said:

Dominic Bess has been released by England to play for Somerset in the Sky televised match against Hants on Wednesday, but I doubt he will be selected.

He is in team.

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I saw that, and I must say I am (pleasantly) surprised.

So far so good.

Essex 45/2 off 11, following quite a good start by Chopra and Wheater, both now gone, and Hants 42/1 off 11.

Keep up the good work.

Come on you bunch of Kents!

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

What to do, now?

Persevere with DB, who I don't recall being a regular in the white ball stuff, or bite the bullet and hope he comes good when batting?

Ah, here comes the Treeeego cavalry.

List A debut for Bess, also how far is that boundary in?