IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Below average rating was purely down to excessive turn, will laugh when we can't play spin in the sub continent and pundits ask what can be done. May as well bookmark this for a few months time. Also a ruling that the pitch was under prepared, well as the head groundsman pointed out we lost preparation time due to heavy rainfall before the game and there were no indicators that we had deliberately poorly prepared the pitch. 

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

..and I hope they carry on producing it. I think one of the main reasons people disliked Surrey was they spunked their - legally allowed higher than any other club - wages on marque signings and denied good players coming through. Alec Stewart deserves a lot of credit for a change of tact - bringing in quality experienced players like Clarke and Stoneman then mixing them with top quality young uns. If they carry on doing so  England will be the benifit

Surrey never prevented young players coming through. There are very few players who have left surrey and achieved more elsewhere.....jordan one of the few examples.

The whole surrey thing is people jumping on the bandwagon rather than fact.....with the exception of the strut....surrey have always had that.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Surrey never prevented young players coming through. There are very few players who have left surrey and achieved more elsewhere.....jordan one of the few examples.

The whole surrey thing is people jumping on the bandwagon rather than fact.....with the exception of the strut....surrey have always had that.

But how many never broke through? 

I always believed the reason so many people disliked Surrey was down to the way players like Gareth Batty and the way they behaved on the pitch 

On 13/09/2018 at 20:02, phantom said:

But how many never broke through? 

I always believed the reason so many people disliked Surrey was down to the way players like Gareth Batty and the way they behaved on the pitch 

Name me a surrey academy player who hasnt broken though there and played regular county cricket?