IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Just now, TomF said:

Popped out to the offy when Pete was on about 50 odd and come back to find hes gone past Ali!  ?

I don't want to tempt fate, but I am watching intrigued as to who will get their Century first.

The outfield must still be damp, so their timing must be fantastic given the speed the ball is reaching the boundary - on those occasions when they don't just choose to go over the boundary.

7 sixes so far. 

1 minute ago, Super said:

Should be able to get over 300 here.

Still working hard, then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

Would have taken that off 50 overs tbh! 

Over 50 overs we'd have surely seen a record score? rr of 9.05 x 50 is 452.5 so round that 453. Would that beat their OD record?

Edit: Wikipedia shows: Highest Total For: 413/4 v Devon at Recreation Ground, Torquay, 1990

Edited by ExiledAjax

As I suggested earlier, a bit of a mistake bringing in James Hildreth. 

OK, he scored 40 sure, but it took him 18 balls to do so, with only two 4s and just the 3 6s.

353 after their 39 overs - surely a score in excess of 400 had they received their full quota of 50 overs. 

So, hoping that they just grab a quick sandwich for lunch/tea and get out again PDQ to ensure they get in the 10 overs necessary to constitute a match.