IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

2 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

I kept hearing the commentators say that this was the last domestic final Lords. What is happening next season?

It`s being turned into a `development` competition with the final at Trent Bridge. It`s basically a method the ECB are using to try and make us support their new franchised 100 ball hit and giggle fest.

• Admin

What an amazing day out, spent a fortune but worth every penny. 

Was nice walking around being recognised by Guy Lavender at the ground had a good chat with him. 

So many stories from yesterday. 

Still no idea who the people singing "phantom give us a song" were lol

20190526_093039.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Super said:

Is there any real need for this warm up game today when we start on friday?

Probably not in my opinion, but good to get "game time" I guess. It didn't last too long either which is probably a bonus.

I just hope that's how they perform on Saturday against Australia so that I can get out early and watch the Champions League Final.

• Like 1

• Admin

The ECB have applied for trademarks for the names of six of their teams for their new competition, The Hundred, which begins next summer.

One of them is for London Spirit, which, as was exclusively revealed by Standard Sport yesterday, will be the team based at Lord’s. The others are Welsh Fire (Cardiff), Southern Brave (Southampton), Birmingham Phoenix, Leeds Superchargers and Trent Rockets (Nottingham).

There will be two more teams in the competition, based at Old Trafford and the Kia Oval, although it is understood the names for those teams have not been decided.

The teams, based at the eight Test grounds, will be managed by the host county, in partnership with neighbouring counties.

For instance, London Spirit will be run by a combination of the MCC, the owners of Lord’s, Middlesex, Essex and Northamptonshire, while Trent Rockets will be looked after by Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire. Surrey and Kent are likely to be unhappy that the latter will have Trent in their name. It is understood that they wanted to have Oval in their name but, like crosstown rivals London Spirit, are set to have London as their locator.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

The ECB have applied for trademarks for the names of six of their teams for their new competition, The Hundred, which begins next summer.

One of them is for London Spirit, which, as was exclusively revealed by Standard Sport yesterday, will be the team based at Lord’s. The others are Welsh Fire (Cardiff), Southern Brave (Southampton), Birmingham Phoenix, Leeds Superchargers and Trent Rockets (Nottingham).

There will be two more teams in the competition, based at Old Trafford and the Kia Oval, although it is understood the names for those teams have not been decided.

The teams, based at the eight Test grounds, will be managed by the host county, in partnership with neighbouring counties.

For instance, London Spirit will be run by a combination of the MCC, the owners of Lord’s, Middlesex, Essex and Northamptonshire, while Trent Rockets will be looked after by Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire. Surrey and Kent are likely to be unhappy that the latter will have Trent in their name. It is understood that they wanted to have Oval in their name but, like crosstown rivals London Spirit, are set to have London as their locator.

What the **** are these names? Absolutely dreadful and insulting to the history of the game. I hope it falls flat on its ass and there's no chance I'll be going to any of the games. What is wrong with T20 cricket - it's short enough?!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, phantom said:

Did they get this years contestants from The Apprentice to come up with these names, or something?

Why on earth would Glos and Somerset agree to calling the team Welsh Fire??

• Admin
1 hour ago, TomF said:

We sure about that, seems a fairly gettable total 

1 hour ago, hodge said:

A dodgy declaration benefiting Surrey.... never ;)

221 from 58 overs @ 3.8 at over with 7 wickets in hand

Warkwickshire first innings scored at 3.21, and 3.09 second innings

Surrey scored at 2.71 first innings, currently scoring at 2.97