IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Historically looking back at previous tables, 10 wins has more or less got you the title.

5 wins from 8 games.  Dare to dream? 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/table/series/8052/season/2018/county-championship-division-one

Which would leave Hants needing 7 from 8 or York's 8 from 8.

I'm trembling with excitement, I'm considering chucking my job in so I can go to every game left, I don't want to miss that moment, or the last game when we parade the trophy and Tres gets his emotional final innings.

OK, I know, I need to calm the **** down

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

That was just unreal!

Gonna come down to the two games v Hampshire. Win both and it`s in the bag, win one and it`s highly probable, lose both and it`s squeaky bum time.

Always believe!

Hampshire are certainly a major threat, but don't overlook Essex.

Sir Alastair Cook is still batting as well as ever and their bowling attack of (S) Cook, Siddle, Porter and Harmer remains a threat to any team, particularly in these early season conditions.

Another major positive is over the past few seasons, Somerset have been very strong at home in the latter part of the summer. Leach normally comes into full flow and skittles out many teams at Taunton. I'm starting to believe after 139 years of hurt, we're finally going to win the CC!

Look at all these moaning ***** moaning about Somerset hahaha grow up bunch of ******* idiots

It's simple isn't it

(I know prev game was away to Kent on a shit heap but rant still stands)

Somerset create cricket pitches to force results. They back themselves to win games of cricket on said cricket pitches. They get promoted. They then win div 1.

Not really a ******* coincidence, meanwhile bellends in Surrey Yorkshire etc etc are trying to prepare the m32 to last x4 days to maximise money over success.

**** 'em

rant over again

• Admin
39 minutes ago, TomF said:

We''ve won 3 of our games away from home haven't we?

HOME Beat Kent by 74 runs

AWAY Beat Notts by innings and 14 runs

HOME Drew with Surrey

HOME Beat Warks by 49 runs

AWAY Beat Surrey by 6 wickets    

AWAY Beat Kent by 10 wickets    <- I had forgotten we beat Kent by 264 runs in the RLODC (358/9 Vs 94ao)

• Admin
On 30/05/2019 at 13:00, Kid in the Riot said:

Did they get this years contestants from The Apprentice to come up with these names, or something?

Why on earth would Glos and Somerset agree to calling the team Welsh Fire??

Interesting reading that Surrey and Kent rejected the names for the team will play at the Oval London Fuse, London Rebels, London Union and London X.

So how the chuff did we end up with Welsh Fire? I can't believe us or Glos would have agreed to be so alienated by this ?

48 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting reading that Surrey and Kent rejected the names for the team will play at the Oval London Fuse, London Rebels, London Union and London X.

So how the chuff did we end up with Welsh Fire? I can't believe us or Glos would have agreed to be so alienated by this ?

Because they listen to Surrey? ?‍♂️

• Like 2

On 14/06/2019 at 14:02, TomF said:

We''ve won 3 of our games away from home haven't we?

Yeah 'cos you're the best team

But point still stands

people moaning about pitches but try and eek out 384 overs of cricket for maximum income

Somerset/Warks only 2 counties I know of that actively create pitches to force results in games. Good on the both

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:45, Northern Red said:

The Old Trafford-based team for this Hundred nonsense will be called the Manchester Originals...

Surefire winner in Liverpool, Preston, Blackpool etc.

Let`s just hope this sorry excuse for a competition dies on it`s arse. If no-one goes Sky will soon get fed up with half empty grounds.

• Like 1