IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

38 minutes ago, TomF said:

Well in a way I’m glad they’ve chosen Glamorgan as I hope it absolutely bombs 

Can’t see how it won’t to be honest and really hope it does. A cricket tournament that purposefully says it’s not targeted at cricket fans!  I don’t know a single ‘set or Glos fan that’s going anyway near it.  Still can’t believe that there is no South West representation at all it’s a complete joke.   

• Like 1

That was a great game, with an incredible finish. Thought Glos were dead and buried before last 3 overs, a great bit of luck with AJ Tye's 2 boundaries over the keeper and then down to 3rd man area, but he rode that bit of luck with a brilliant 6 and I felt a tinge of disappointment that we only got a "Tye", but the way the whole game was going will happily take the point and hope to beat Essex tonight (got my ticket so looking forward to this one)!

Just got back from the Glos game, totally outplayed by an Essex team who were thrashed last night, and seemed a lot more up for it than we did. Higgins and Taylor gave it a good go near the end but too little to late.  Our fielding, and "body language" when fielding was atrocious (unusual for Glos)!  Oh well won't be going Sunday afternoon as otherwise engaged at AG!!

14 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Just got back from the Glos game, totally outplayed by an Essex team who were thrashed last night, and seemed a lot more up for it than we did. Higgins and Taylor gave it a good go near the end but too little to late.  Our fielding, and "body language" when fielding was atrocious (unusual for Glos)!  Oh well won't be going Sunday afternoon as otherwise engaged at AG!!

Music to my ears.

Forza Somerset!

Was down at Taunton this evening, first time I've seen Banton live and some of his and Byrom's hitting was ridiculous. Pope with a great shot for Surrey, very interesting they put Sam Curran in at 3 and he batted well to be fair. We lack someone (or 2) to bowl at the death though, first 8 overs or so was fairly good, limited to around 7.5/8 an over.

We have some serious short format talent with the bat coming through in this country, struggling for bowlers on the whole but wow

some of the shots tonight were just stupid, that’s about the only word I can think to describe them 

that Pope shot was unfathomably good, Banton on his day is a complete joke too

Maybe im just being negative here but unless we somehow figure out how to bowl at Smith this series could be done early. Changes also have to be made get rid of Bairstow, Denly and Moeen and bring in players who are actually in form.

36 minutes ago, TomF said:

Imagine if we had a decent overseas bowler ?

You mean like RvdM, who has just taken a blinding catch?

Actually, I was quite despondent when Tom B was out early, confident when Babar got his Century and then nervous with the rain between innings.

Oh, the relief when we managed to bowl the last ball of our fifth over.

59/6 (2 for Taylor ?) - surely all over now, and should improve the run rate sufficiently to move us up to 4th place (Qualifying).

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

Except Glos have just beaten Slurrey :) 

Always sad to see Surrey lose, of course, but we could have done with Glos losing as well.

We shall just have to make sure we do the double over Glos later.

It looks as if tonight's game is now over - I shall be interested to see by how much our run rate improves.