IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

30 minutes ago, TomF said:

I always hated Kent

Is it because of the 1979 Gillette Cup quarter final Vs Kent;

At lunch when they had us at about 80 for 7, in the Ring o Bells for a cider or 3 a load of gob shite Kent fans were already planning for an early train home and the semi-final. 

Budgie Burgess helped us limp through the 60 overs to a total just short of 200. Not enough surely? Or so we thought.

On comes the Big Bird, Joel Garner and blew them away with 5 for 11. 

At tea when they were about 40 for 8 we saw the same , rather quieter Kent fans, awaiting the inevitable defeat.

And so it was 60 all out! Amazing day!!!!

Edited by myol'man

Looks like a possible draw on the cards at Derbyshire.

We won't be winning here, Derbyshire nearly wiped out their 1st Innings deficit- only the 42 behind with 8 wickets left, therefore on 177/2! Still things can change quite quickly...

IF we draw then quite likely we'll be 3rd and could well be 2nd going into the last 3- Lancashire should walk the division now.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

56 minutes ago, phantom said:

We just have to hope that the pitch at Canterbury is unplayable to pace otherwise this seasons title battle will be all but over within 24 hours

20 wickets have fallen in the last 65 overs !

I`ve been listening on 5live extra all day and they`ve been saying the pitch is fine, no-one`s chucked their wicket away and it`s just been bloody fine bowling from both sides.

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve been listening on 5live extra all day and they`ve been saying the pitch is fine, no-one`s chucked their wicket away and it`s just been bloody fine bowling from both sides.

Me having not watched any of the game but anyway... I'm sure if it were Taunton there wouldn't be the same comments 

Image result for jennifer lawrence sure gif

• Like 1