IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

If we can get off to a good start. In theory a whole day to get it.

Meanwhile Harmer doing it for Essex again but this time with the bat ?

Weather notwithstanding you should have a whole day basically, 136/9...

We dropped a catch so draw it is!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Our game a draw I reckon.

Derbyshire likely have blown their chances of winning- they lead by 262 and that means we need 263 in 49 overs. We won't be getting that and nor should we realistically try to unless it's totally flat and hot, sunny etc. The good thing is that in 49 overs they shouldn't really have much chance of winning either- a draw will keep us up there in 2nd or 3rd.

Looks like you'll win this one then.

This title race is a bit like the Liverpool-Man City one last season- in that you're 2nd but in previous years points per game adjusted for total games, points for a win, draw etc you'd be a fair bit ahead by now.

2 excellent sides, duking it out, hitting new standards- a 2nd placed side who in quite a few prior years would have had a strong lead by this stage with this many points, or this % of points taken.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Our game a draw I reckon.

Derbyshire likely have blown their chances of winning- they lead by 262 and that means we need 263 in 49 overs. We won't be getting that and nor should we realistically try to unless it's totally flat and hot, sunny etc. The good thing is that in 49 overs they shouldn't really have much chance of winning either- a draw will keep us up there in 2nd or 3rd.

Reckon you have a chance of a win

Well that was another rollercoaster 4 days 

At one point I thought us and Essex would lose, then with Kent out for 40 I was cursing something rotten, now I'm ecstatic but knackered from just keeping up online.

I'm gonna need a long holiday at the end of September 

Great effort and never say die attitude from Somerset 

DONE!!

What a run chase- what a week for the 3 sides supported on this forum!

I refused to believe until it came down to 10 to get- not that we'd lose but cautious etc...we do seem to love the late drama, similar feeling to the Leicestershire win though that was different in size etc.

You were quite right @Super you called it early that the win was on- I refused to believe until late on of course...

What I should add too, not only the 2 late wins chasing but winning by 13 runs when it looked unlikely v Worcestershire- what a run!

Somerset too found a way to win and really pulled it out of the bag well. Hope they win the title and we get top 3- next season West Country derby.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Great win, well done lads!

up yo 2nd !

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

DONE!!

What a run chase- what a week for the 3 sides supported on this forum!

I refused to believe until it came down to 10 to get- not that we'd lose but cautious etc...we do seem to love the late drama, similar feeling to the Leicestershire win though that was different in size etc.

You were quite right @Super you called it early that the win was on- I refused to believe until late on of course...

What I should add too, not only the 2 late wins chasing but winning by 13 runs when it looked unlikely v Worcestershire- what a run!

Somerset too found a way to win and really pulled it out of the bag well. Hope they win the title and we get top 3- next season West Country derby.

I don't believe we've been in the top tier since its inception ?

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

up yo 2nd !

I don't believe we've been in the top tier since its inception ?

Only started following in 2006 but certainly in that time I never remember us in the top division.

Just seen the table online!

ECgp48MWwAA72st.jpg

Long story short, Lancashire are going up as Champions. Leicestershire, Worcestershire and quite possibly Derbyshire now look out of it. 2 from 6 or at a push 7?

Run in for us has Sussex at home next and final game, Northamptonshire, also at Bristol.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Only started following in 2006 but certainly in that time I never remember us in the top division.

Just seen the table online!

ECgp48MWwAA72st.jpg

Long story short, Lancashire are going up as Champions. Leicestershire, Worcestershire and quite possibly Derbyshire now look out of it. 2 from 6 or at a push 7?

Run in for us has Sussex at home next and final game, Northamptonshire, also at Bristol.

Six pointer !