IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

DONE!!

What a run chase- what a week for the 3 sides supported on this forum!

I refused to believe until it came down to 10 to get- not that we'd lose but cautious etc...we do seem to love the late drama, similar feeling to the Leicestershire win though that was different in size etc.

You were quite right @Super you called it early that the win was on- I refused to believe until late on of course...

What I should add too, not only the 2 late wins chasing but winning by 13 runs when it looked unlikely v Worcestershire- what a run!

Somerset too found a way to win and really pulled it out of the bag well. Hope they win the title and we get top 3- next season West Country derby.

Also brilliant news for Bristol, Glos CC, and the West Country cricket scene in general is that England play Australia in the 3rd ODI in July 2020 in Bristol.

https://www.gloscricket.co.uk/news/england-v-australia-odi-2020-register-your-interest-for-the-ballot/

Full list of next years England men's internationals were posted on the "International Cricket" thread.

Edited by New Dazzler
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

up yo 2nd !

I don't believe we've been in the top tier since its inception ?

I had a feeling that we had a brief stint in Division1, found this on Wiki:-

2 divisions since 2000 (2000–2003 D2, 2003–2005 D1, 2006– D2)
Division 2 – 2003 – 3rd – promoted to Division 1, 2005 – relegated to Division 2
  •  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, phantom said:

So who's going to the big game Friday night? 

Hopefully the first of two local derby victories for Somerset this weekend 

I'll be there in the "home" end, well in front of the flats, hoping to catch a few from Michael "Maxi" Klinger in what well may be his last appearance in Bristol (unless we can squeeze into the top 2!).

• Like 1

• Admin
13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Is Friday`s on Sky by any remote chance?

No

I had this conversation the other day, about how Yorks - Lancs, Middx - Surrey are ALWAYS shown live, but none of the Glos - Somerset games are

12 hours ago, Northern Red said:

No, starts too early for them to leave the Test coverage. Saturday's is though.

Which in turn means there is no train back to Weston etc after the game

14 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Is Friday`s on Sky by any remote chance?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

No

I had this conversation the other day, about how Yorks - Lancs, Middx - Surrey are ALWAYS shown live, but none of the Glos - Somerset games are

I think that Sky have chosen that classic local derby of the Birmingham Bears v the Worcestershire Rapids ahead of Glos v Somerset!

• Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

I guess we’re stuck with him as per his contract. Last few games he’s been ok but never been great. 

Yeah I don't think he's terrible, but an overseas signing has to be quite a bit better than what you've already got in that position. He clearly isn't and we knew he wasn't before we signed him this season.